1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can i reorganize internal linking of a website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Arijit Rajput, Jul 21, 2014.

I just want to ask a question to all of the experts here. I'm going to reorganize my site structure through internal linking. I wondered that how can i target my home page where it has no content and consists of sliders and tabs. Please consider website is something like "OUR CORE SERVICES" section in multidots.com.

Can anyone please suggest me what is the solution?

Looking forward to hear you soon.

Solved! View solution.
    Arijit Rajput, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  2. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We can't see your site url obviously to offer good information, but my first question would be why doesn't the site have any content. Even given site sliders and so on there are ways to drop in a sentence here or there, below the slider.. welcome to blah blah.. the premier source for this or that services. It can make a huge difference. It's going to be difficult to offer internal links when there is nothing to link them to or from. That said, you can link to images if you mention them in the text of other pages.. For example.. "This image of a search engine graph" (link to it) or this photo of a.. whatever it is.. illustrates the way in which search is accomplished .. or.. shows you how to plant a garden or whatever.

ladymacbeth9, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  3. alwaysStriving

alwaysStriving Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Like ladymacbeth9 said, if you have those dropdown menus or sliders or whatever, there should be content in them. Definitely add at least a 500 word article or something to the homepage, there is no reason to have absolutely no content there.

For the internal links, set up a silo structure on paper and then just add the links. You'll have to be somewhat creative with it as there is no definitive answer for everyone. You can just put links at the bottom of the page or in the footer, it might not look good but it will get the link juice flowing around your site. After you start ranking you can change it up to look better.

alwaysStriving, Jul 21, 2014 IP
    I so agree with what you just said. Content is absolutely imperative these days and honestly the biggest mistake that I see people making today is trying to rank it fast and tanking it. There are too many cookie cutter solutions out there today and every site is attached to a business with unique qualities and unique needs, but people don't seem to take those into account. Take a good long look at every aspect of your site. Take a holistic view at what does and doesn't work and then fix it. The initial overview and the data analysis will tell you what your site needs so that you can prioritize your seo efforts accordingly, not just give it a cookie cutter, few links, few articles, few blog posts type seo methodology.

ladymacbeth9, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  5. Arijit Rajput

Arijit Rajput Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Experts,

So if i go for organic SEO, should i include a link to "Find out more" within each and every tab like they're inserted in multidots.com. Is it really worthy for SEO interlinking? Will i get the benefit through that?

Arijit Rajput, Jul 21, 2014 IP