1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I renew to domain without privacy protection?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by softech02, Sep 28, 2015.

Earlier because godaddy had an offer, I registered a PRIVATE domain. All my registration details were hidden in whois lookup.

But this year, I dont want to renew the privacy protection as it is an unnecessary cost that I am not willing to bear.

How can I renew domain without privacy protection. I called the godaddy support and the guy told me I cant renew it without privacy protection.

Any suggestion?

softech02, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion: Transfer your domain to Namecheap. Then you can turn off your Whoisguard privacy protection any time you want (or never enable it).

This is the first I have heard of this. If this is true, it sounds like GoDaddy is trying to make money any way it can. But a quick search did find these instructions for cancelling your privacy protection:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/canceling-private-registration-for-your-domain-names-1625

Read through that and see if it offers any ways to cancel your privacy protection.

billzo, Sep 28, 2015 IP