1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I rank my International Website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Shruti Gupta, Apr 29, 2017.

I have few question regarding International SEO. I want to rank my websites(xyz.com) internationally.

In webmaster, We have set the geographical target to USA.Our website is now ranking on top 5 for a no of keywords in USA.

But we have realised that we are getting the traffic from other countries too - Uk,India,Austraila, Canada , fr,de. But our keywords are not ranking on top position

for all these countries.

I have a no of questions regarding this. I am looking for a perfect solution & best practices.

1> Should I select "Unlisted" in webmaster tool to ensure that my site is not associated with any country or region. So that It rank equally for other countries.
    Does it affect the current ranking of my website.

2> Should I make my website international with the use of sub directories & hreflang.
    xyz.com/uk/
    xyz.com/in/
    xyz.com/au/
    xyz.com/fr/
    xyz.com/de/

After creating these version if I set the geographical target countywide ,Does it help me to rank my website in every counrty.

3>Can I use the same content in my multi regional site(english speaking countries).We will show the currency, phone -no & Address country wise in the content. Is the

duplicate content harm the ranking of my ".com domain". What are the best content strategy for a multiregional website.

4>Should I change the metatags in each version of my multiregional site(english speaking countries).

Shruti Gupta, Apr 29, 2017 IP
  2. Manish.ebiztrait

Manish.ebiztrait Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    It is advisable to don't set any specific country in Google Webmasters/Search Console.

Manish.ebiztrait, May 22, 2019 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are getting traffic from other countries. I am assuming that they are English speaking then why is it so bad for you?

And setting US in the webmasters tool doesn't necessarily mean that you will not get traffic from other countries. It just means that you prefer traffic from US in comparison to other countries.

If you are only targeting English speaking crowd of US then why do you want to create your site's so many versions? It doesn't make any sense.

And also I didn't quite understand what you are trying to do by saying duplicate content. If you are not publishing a page two times in the same version of a site say the English one then why are you so worried about it. In different versions just publish the translated ones.

And finally the meta-tags. It doesn't matter if you keep the metas same or different. In your case Google will probably ignore all of your metas and choose what it like for your pages.

mrb1129, May 22, 2019 IP
  4. harrys56431

harrys56431 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think so you need to target for every region and make sub domains for each region. If your website is ranked in the US and you are getting traffic from other countries, then this will be more effective for your site ranking globally on.Com.
    You can use the same meta tags if you don't want to change them, But if you will change it, then it will be more effective for your website.

harrys56431, May 22, 2019 IP