1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I put a link to my sitemap in my website?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by username1, May 10, 2008.

I have created a sitemap, but, When I click on the link in my homepage where it says "Sitemap", it goes straight to my homepage. And I used filezilla, uploaded to my directory under apps--in the directory where "home" and "home entrance" is located. And when I put in the google webmaster tools msdazzlebackgrounds.com/sitemap.xml , it says there is an error, and I know the sitemap is done correctly, it's when I click on my link, it takes me to my homepage, and not the sitemap. So, how exactly do I link a sitemap to my homepage, I looked on google, but found no such help. My sitemap is 87 KB.

Anyone with detailed explanations?:confused:

username1, May 10, 2008 IP
  2. puntoGT

puntoGT Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use the same Filezila

You have to upload the xml file in the same place like your homepage. (Not under a file of your homepage)

Example: my sitmape http://www.powernetshop.at/sitemap.xml submit under google webmaster tools, you have give them the right url so the can visit your sitemap.

I visite this msdazzlebackgrounds.com/sitemap.xml there is comming your homepage, your xml file is not upload in the right place. The right upload adress is example: ...provider/var/www/html/ same as your hompage files, do not upload into one of your hompagefiles.

puntoGT, May 10, 2008 IP
  3. chinese-seo

chinese-seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    This obviously tell you that you have put your sitemap file in the wrong folder.

chinese-seo, May 11, 2008 IP
  4. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Put your sitemap.xml file within your root folder...:)

manish.chauhan, May 12, 2008 IP
  5. valuelinks

valuelinks Banned

Best Answers:
    Sure, put you sitemap .xml file in your root folder! the best is alredy told and hope you would feel better.

Best,

Valuelinks.

valuelinks, May 12, 2008 IP