1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I make a div scroll with page and stop at footer?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Matt Crux, Mar 24, 2017.

Hi,

I'm having a problem trying to figure out how to make a div scroll with the page and stop at a certain point so that it doesn't go over the footer. Here's a quick video explaining what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks for any help you can offer me in getting this problem solved!

[video]

Matt Crux, Mar 24, 2017 IP
  2. Matt Crux

Matt Crux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey I figured out this so far from a demo I found.... My problem is that the yellow sidebar attaches to the footer like a magnet when it gets too close to it instead of being a smooth transition that stops when it hits it. Any ideas as to why this could be happening? Thanks

http://phoenixlove.net/fun/

Matt Crux, Mar 24, 2017 IP
  3. daniel27lt

daniel27lt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What you're needing is what is called a "Sticky Floater". I also noticed you're using Wordpress, so this makes the job a whole lot easier. I would recommend installing the plugin found here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/q2w3-fixed-widget/

This will create a widget for you. So what you will be needing to do is create this as a side, using the sidebar.php files within your theme. Then create a widget. Then when you install this plugin I recommended, you'll be able to set the sidebar you have created within this plugin, which should be now set up as a widget.

I know it's not as easy as I make it out to be. If you don't know PHP I would suggest hiring a freelancer to do this for you. Which I wouldn't pay any more than $30-40 for this project. So use Freelance.com and post this job up and get your project a budget of $30.

I hope this has helped. But keep in mind, it's called a "Sticky Floater", so search for this term will bring more related queries for you.

daniel27lt, Mar 29, 2017 IP