1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I log into my youtube account with my hotmail email address?

Discussion in 'Google' started by chrisj, Apr 18, 2014.

1. VeganPete

VeganPete Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem, created my account with a hotmail email address, uploaded loads of videos, then when google bought youtube, afterwards they dropped support for hotmail users and asked everyone to switch to a google account. The problem was that they didn't transfer any videos to the new account, as a result I have loads of videos that I cannot delete or moderate the comments for because when I try to log in, it doesn't recognize the email because it's hotmail, not gmail. Of course, I created a new gmail account but all the content, comments and ratings are completely separate to the old account so it doesn't help by saying things like "just create a google account". It's like if you had a bank account with $4,000,000 inside and the bank doesn't recognize you pin and someone saying "Just open another account". Sure, good idea, but what's the point if you can't transfer your money from the old account to the new one!? Even linking an account doens't give you access to upload new videos or moderate the comments, it's completely pointless. I've lost two accounts with loads of important videos because of this and it seems like the channels will just be up there, in Limbo, forever and unrecoverable. Seems like most people on here are fairly new to youtube, hence comments like "you can't create a youtube account with a hotmail address" and "Duh - google don't allow you to use hotmail addresses" etc.

VeganPete, Jan 11, 2016 IP
  2. VeganPete

VeganPete Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did the same thing, my youtube account was created with a hotmail address BEFORE gmail came about and bought youtube. Then they stopped people using youtube if they had a hotmail address so most of the old (legacy) videos you see on youtube cannot be accessed by their rightful owners any more. That's why no-on replies to commentson older videos any more or deletes out of date videos - because they cannot access the account any more, they just had to make new google accounts and lose their old work.

3. VeganPete

VeganPete Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nope, it just says "Error, that is not a google address"

4. subedi

subedi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please use Alternative Email as @hotmail.com extension. or you can read more on : http://hotmail.sign-in.help/

subedi, Mar 4, 2016 IP
  5. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    you can login to your youtube account with hotmail by follow this points.
    make id on yahoo.. send your password to hacker they will hack your id, go to police and file complaint against hacking of ur id, when police caught this perosn, ask him the same question,, and that hacker person will help you..

indiasbull, Mar 6, 2016 IP
  6. cruzadam68

cruzadam68 Peon

Best Answers:
    You can still but you should make Hotmail or Yahoo email addresses into Google accounts before you can proceed. As you can see email now comes with a new Google account as standard but that you can remove it from the Google account once you have created it and then your preferred email (Hotmail or Yahoo) becomes the email username of the Google account.

cruzadam68, Mar 10, 2016 IP
  7. VeganPete

VeganPete Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did that but it doesn't transfer old hotmail content across to the new google account.

VeganPete, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  8. Renee Dumont

Renee Dumont Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just create a Gmail address and add it your existing account.

Renee Dumont, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  9. VeganPete

VeganPete Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can't log into the existing account because it was created with a hotmail email address before google bought it out and dropped support for hotmail login.

VeganPete, Mar 11, 2016 IP
  10. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To use all services controlled and maintained by Google, you must have one google id, which can be used into any Google related services.

Thanks in advance !!

dabbu347, Feb 22, 2020 IP