1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I Let Writers Claim Topics?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Brandon Dennis, Jun 27, 2017.

I have a small writing business in which I outsource work to my team of writers by email. It’s a very tedious thing to do and hard to keep track of who’s doing what and when so I’d like to create a website in which customers can place an order and then that order would go into an open queue on the backend so writers can claim a couple of orders for themselves. When they’re done, I’d like for the order to get forwarded to an editor and then forwarded back to the original customer so that the whole system is pretty much automated.

I’ve seen a couple of websites that let you manage teams to some extent but they usually don’t have everything I’m looking for and I’d prefer to use WordPress if possible so that I have more control over the website. It’d be really nice if I could add in things like spell-check, copyscape, and other order management tools like that on the backend. I’d also like to set it up so that if a customer orders like 10 articles on the same order, those separate articles would show up in the backend queue as individual orders.

Also, I’d like to limit how many orders a writer can claim at one time, control how long they have to do it, set priority on different orders (especially if they’re getting close to the deadline), and let writers return orders to the queue if they don’t want to write something they’ve claimed (with the option of penalizing them for doing so). I’d also like to automatically tally up how much I owe each writer based on the total word count of all the articles they’ve written within a pay period and then send out payments through the backend or at least generate a list so I can pay them manually through PayPal.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to create this from scratch or know of a website or plugin that lets you do all of that? I’m also willing to hire someone to do it for me if you’re up for the task. Just let me know what your quote is for the job and how long you think it would take.

Thanks for your help,
    Brandon

Brandon Dennis, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  2. kennedygitahi

kennedygitahi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hello, Brandon
    Please check your PM.
    Thank you,
    kennedy

kennedygitahi, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  3. outofbandii

outofbandii Active Member

Best Answers:
    Brandon, check the WP Support Plus and WP Help Desk plugins, they might be able to do what you need with a little tweaking.

outofbandii, Jun 29, 2017 IP