1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I know my intermediary bank in US?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by EnPassant, Jun 16, 2008.

Hi,

My bank didn't provide me any answer regarding this matter. But I was asked what is the intermediary bank in US which my bank uses for wire transfer. How can I find such information if local employees in the bank does not give me specific one?

Is it possible for wire transfers to go without any intermediary bank across the world? is it required at all?

I want to know from those who have been asked their intermediary bank for wiretransfer, how did they resolve it.

Thanks.

EnPassant, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    If your bank does not know, no one else would know.

Unless your bank has a full fledged US Bank which handles all the money transfers, it would rely on an intermediary bank (Partner bank) to do the transfer for them and handle all the legal matters in the US.

Try looking at your bank's website.

eddy2099, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  3. slogold

slogold Peon

Best Answers:
    you can also contact your banker, he should know

slogold, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  4. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes, for that your bank must have a direct SWIFT code. To see if your bank has one, checkout http://www.swift.com/biconline

Most banks who dont have SWIFT have their correspondent/intermediary banks in USA, Europe and in other countries. Only your bank can give you correct correspondent bank information.

If you are in Europe, all you need is IBAN account number, nothing else is required.

olddocks, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  5. EnPassant

EnPassant Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have checked that website, my bank has BIC connected to SWIFT network. But no specific partner bank in USA I re-asked my banker.

EnPassant, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  6. parasdhankecha

parasdhankecha Active Member

Best Answers:
    if your bank is connected to swift bic than no need to add intermediary bank detail. Leave it blank

parasdhankecha, Oct 3, 2018 IP