1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I know if SEO is working well for me?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Scott Allan, Oct 21, 2019.

I recently hired this digital marketing agency Surrey based to do SEO work on our business website. After months of working with them, we did notice a huge improvement in our rankings, reaching top pages that we couldn’t achieve before. But at certain times these ranking fluctuates, though they say this is because of Google updates, especially on algorithms. Since SEO is quite a flexible process, what are the tangible factors that we can consider to know that we are getting valuable results?

Scott Allan, Oct 21, 2019 IP
  2. Geobram

Geobram Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, recently Google updated September 2019 broad core algorithm, that's why the ranking maybe fluctuates after the update. Could you please send me the site url to check?..

Geobram, Oct 22, 2019 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Is your traffic growing?

qwikad.com, Oct 22, 2019 IP
  4. Andrii Ozemko

Andrii Ozemko Member

Best Answers:
    I think the best way to get know if SEO is valuable for your website is using Google Analytics. You can ask the marketing agency to configure Google Analytics. As result you should see the quantity of users, who where redirected from Google Search and how much money you earned thanks them. Only then you can identify how much you spent to attract users and how much you earned. As result you will see if SEO works for you.
    In Google Analytics you need to configure targets and e-Commerce.

Andrii Ozemko, Oct 23, 2019 IP
  5. joseph350

joseph350 Active Member

Best Answers:
    To check if SEO is working well, you can use the SEO audit tool. An SEO audit tool can help you check out your site's SEO condition such as broken backlinks, duplicate contents, etc.

joseph350, Oct 24, 2019 IP
  6. James Fredrick

James Fredrick Peon

Best Answers:
    That's true the rankings does fluctuates due to factors like geo-location, backlinks, authority and much more. In my opinion you should be focusing on leads and sales if you are able to get satisfactory numbers of leads each month with the amount of traffic that they are generating for you. To answer your query, there are a lot of tools available online paid and free both i would recommend SEMRush as I have been using that for a long time and it gives a quite accurate result of where you standing for the respective keyword.

James Fredrick, Oct 24, 2019 IP
  7. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest the data they send in your monthly report should show you the improvement for: most important search phase ranking, organic traffic to the site, leads generated, sales generated and revenue made depending on if that level of data is available.

Obviously if they are being honest with their reporting you will always have good months and bad months due to many factors: changes to algorithms, seasonal trends, alterations which simply had a negative effect opposed to the intended positive effect. As long as it's going in the right direction overall and improvements are being made then it simply comes down to if you are happy with your return on investment.

If you don't trust their monthly report and want to check up data in it then use Google Analytics and something like SEMRush to ensure what they are saying is actually true.

johneva, Oct 25, 2019 IP
    davilama2682 and nshep like this.
  8. Sara D costa

Sara D costa Peon

Best Answers:
    You can analyze your website for traffic is growing or not But you must be follow google recent update

Sara D costa, Sep 5, 2020 IP
  9. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You've answered your own question on your own.

praetserge, Oct 2, 2020 IP
  10. davilama2682

davilama2682 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I were paying for the services I would expect that data to be provided to me automatically and with regular frequency. If you have to compare what you are seeing and what they are reporting then you are wasting time with them. You could be doing other things than fact-checking the people you are paying - that is why you are paying them to trust them to do the work. At least that is how it should be.

davilama2682, Oct 2, 2020 IP
  11. shakiba.proba

shakiba.proba Active Member

Best Answers:
    The seo and "organic traffic" will fall in place at some point.. just stay consistent in your social efforts, and the effort of creating new content on your site.

Basically don't stop whats already working.. just expand on the effort to increase its effect.

Best of luck

shakiba.proba, Dec 30, 2020 IP
  12. Web Panel Solutions

Web Panel Solutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your website's traffic going high and keywords are performing on the top of search engine result pages and getting leads & conversion receiving a lot, it's mean SEO working excellent for your website.

Web Panel Solutions, Dec 31, 2020 IP
  13. tofarch

tofarch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are hire the digital marketing agency then it is your expectation is very high.
    Before higher the DM agency you need feedback from the other customers.
    Along with you have study what the activities are doing the agency. These activities are properly working or not to study and analyze.
    review the report they provided to you weekly basis or monthly.

With Thanks,

Tofarch.

tofarch, Jan 7, 2021 IP
  14. brack nelson

brack nelson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google Analytics is the best way to analyze your growth level through which one can prepare according to growth level.

brack nelson, Jan 8, 2021 IP
  15. HimanshuThakur

HimanshuThakur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can check by Google analytics and Web Webmaster tools.
    Please check this tool for a better understanding.

HimanshuThakur, Jan 11, 2021 IP
  16. techieguy447

techieguy447 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Scott,

SEO is not working on a single factor that we all know. Multiple factors play their role for performing an SEO.

To check whether the SEO is working for your website, you need to analyze your website with different tools because there is no individual tool that gives you an accurate answer for all the factors.You can go with Google Analytics, semrush and Ahref.

First, you should check your traffic, ranking keywords, backlinks, referring domains, etc., so you can get the idea of which factor was working before and which is not right now.

I hope that helps!

techieguy447, Jan 28, 2021 IP