1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how can I increase traffic and monetize my finance blog?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by elizakelvin, Sep 2, 2014.

What are the options available to monetize finance blog (related to investment) other than adsense?

Can I post solutions of questions from academic book to increase traffic as mostly visitors are students? Is there any copy right issues if I do so?

Thank you.

elizakelvin, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  2. Amanda103

Amanda103 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi
    You have mentioned that you have a finance blog and most people who visit are students.
    You may publish post related to financial support in terms of loans, keeping your blog relevant according to your blog niche must be your first priority. You can also commence polling/voting session on your blog regarding different financial questions and their answers with relevant options.

Amanda103, Sep 2, 2014 IP
  3. mk810

mk810 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to review various products and link to other sites. Your best bet is affiliate marketing.

I'm not too familiar but I'm sure there are investment companies and trading tools that will pay you a commission for driving traffic.

mk810, Sep 4, 2014 IP
  4. talktotop

talktotop Member

Best Answers:
    Since you mentioned that most of your visitors are students, you can monetize that traffic with
    selling of college books.
    You may also sell leads to finance networks targeting international students.
    You can also offer loan deals as well.
    Offer email or zip submit offers

Alot of times, most students are broke, they are always looking for per time income. You can teach them how to make money online promoting affilate products.

talktotop, Sep 4, 2014 IP
  5. George Peirson

George Peirson Active Member

Best Answers:
    On the copyright question you cannot simply copy text from a text book and post that online without written permission of the copyright holder. But financial problems are pretty standard, so there is nothing to stop you from using a financial text book as research then writing your own problem/solution post based upon the principles taught in the text book

George Peirson, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am guessing that, as part of your blog, you are suggesting that students do prudent things with their money like not being wasteful, saving a percentage, planning for emergencies, opening bank accounts, etc. Part of being a financially savvy student is spending money wisely. Offering discounting coupons for students from businesses that want to sell to them could be an interesting approach. You would charge the business on a CPM basis to offer their coupon to the student visitor. You would have to sign up individual advertisers, of course, so that will be a bit more work, but it might pay off in the long run.

jrbiz, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  7. Claudia_A

Claudia_A Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The book selling idea is a very good one. Now, I'm guessing your blog is built with WordPress, not Joomla!, correct?
    There is an extension for Joomla! which allows you to create eBook type of documents for tablets, mobile devices and so on. You can check it out and maybe you'll find something similar to this one for WordPress.
    Good luck! http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a-design/print-a-pdf/19294

Claudia_A, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  8. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome to the world of monetising your blog :)

I am in the weight loss blogging niche so a little different but the same principles are there and this is the link my income report for August 2014:

http://myweightlossdream.co.uk/weightlossbloggers/weight-loss-bloggers-income-report-august-2014/

Now generally speaking Adsense is a very low income stream and I generally just use it as a filler for when I have advertising spaces and not as a main income stream.

Look at setting up yahoo ads too (they are on cpm) and then when an adsense ad is not displayed theirs will be instead. Secondly look at selling advertising space, affiliating products and then when you have the time to put the effort in look at creating your own products.

The biggest earner on any site will always be the sale of your own products - people believe in you and will much rather buy your product than click on Adsense links.

Just get the more income streams you can and then you are not putting all your eggs in one basket.

My Weight Loss Dream, Sep 10, 2014 IP
  9. seoxpertz

seoxpertz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try affiliate marketing, it would be a good bet.

seoxpertz, Sep 15, 2014 IP