1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can i improve my sentence structure??

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by TopNotchwrites, Nov 3, 2012.

1. tbucks

tbucks Member

Best Answers:
    Writing is an art.. First it needs passion, and then it needs practice..

tbucks, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  2. steve4seo

steve4seo Active Member

Best Answers:

Review other articles in major article directories. You'll get many ideas by observing other writer's articles

steve4seo, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  3. contentexpress

contentexpress Member

Best Answers:
    Listening to audio books and surfing around the Internet do not count as reading, Proofread, edit, and revise, Experiment with different forms. Better Writing Isn’t For Everyone. Each piece of writing must be organized and its sentences well structured so it reads smoothly

contentexpress, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  4. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    Read books in print or their digital version in the language you are trying to improve upon. Read newspapers or magazines. You want to read material from places where a professional editor, or several editors, have reviewed the material before it was printed or has gone live on the web.

Yes. You can find some great blogs, article directories, resource sites and the likes where the author(s) produce excellent copy. Everything is correct. (grammar, sentence structure, vocabulary, spelling, punctuation,...) It's just that it is easy for anyone to put content on the web without anyone reviewing the material before it goes live, so be mindful of the resources you are using to learn from.

Reading novels, short stories, magazines, or news articles in the subjects that interest you is an easy way to learn to improve your sentence structure. You're learning without even knowing you are learning. You're reading something that interests you, but learning at the same time. You'll stay focused and you'll be more willing to review a paragraph or sentence when you're reviewing something of interest.

TextServices, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  5. axxil

axxil Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a method that I believe will work. I've tried aspects of this technique. I'll say what the method is then come back to this point. Don't prejudge the method. Another thing to say: your friends needn't know you're doing this.

Find a writer whose work you like and rewrite it, preferably in longhand. I remember reading that Alex Hailey, the author of runaway bestseller Roots, did this with the work of Theodore Dreiser, to improve his own writing technique. I've heard of folks who one day are typing up their bosses' EzineArticles articles, and before you know it, are just naturally able to churn out the stuff without further schooling.

My own story is to an extent akin to this. One of my very favorite relaxations if you can call it that, is writing poetry. There's a certain style of it I really admired but I was totally clueless on how to get going in this verse-form.

There was a radio program on a favored author of mine who writes in this style. I listened to him talking and illustrating his work. Following that, I was set. I'd got it.

Another example which again is along similar lines to all this. It isn't writing but it's the Arts. I got into conversation with a guy who led a dance troupe. He said to me that the top dancers he had, they didn't learn the moves by step by step doing what someone they admired did. They just looked at the dancer whose moves they admired. Really looked penetratingly if you like, at that other dancer. Somehow, they picked up the vibe: they had it. Just like that.

Just rewriting texts to 'get the flow,' to get into the sensibility of someone much further along in their development than yourself, that should by rights be a big help. In fact I know it will.

By the way, the thriller writer Lee Child has an admirably simple and direct sentence structure. I've known someone who as bottom-of-the-class bad at english language, transforming himself into a more than tolerably competent copywriter through study of what Lee Child does!

And I've heard of this same technique being used in other and related fields too with success. You can give it a go. It's up to you.

axxil, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  6. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to writing, practice makes perfect so make sure to keep writing. Write a paragraph a day about something or someone. Take the advice some have given here: read more. Reading increases your vocabulary which helps a lot when you're writing.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  7. Mohammad Asif Ali Zaman

Mohammad Asif Ali Zaman Member

Best Answers:
    i think you need a expert that apply his techniques on you, through you would be grooming day by day..

Mohammad Asif Ali Zaman, Mar 13, 2013 IP
  8. wajira pradeepa

wajira pradeepa Peon

Best Answers:
    read more articles or books and you can improve your skills

wajira pradeepa, Mar 14, 2013 IP
  9. dealeris

dealeris Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tried reading a few old sci-fi books and some of the best Shakespeare work. Now i can tell you this didn't help at all. Later tried buying a nowadays book "the invisible gorilla", tried reading it, but the writing style was unbearable, after a 100 pages i gave up on the book. I still felt like i didn't learn anything. Tried about 20 books in English and reading all of them felt like torture. A month ago i bought Milman's book "Way of the peaceful warrior" and i can say i love his writing style. Bought two more Milman's books and i can see i am learning something now.
    For everyone whose native language isn't English i would recommend to start reading books by Dan Millman

dealeris, Mar 14, 2013 IP