1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I improve my business skills.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by precious peral, Aug 26, 2015.

I'm student of business administration, and I love to write business proposals, prepare presentations, email writing. I love Finance and Accounts related work. I'm free these days and want to improve my skills. Anyone of you who can help me in this. If anyone of you need any help I can work without any cost. I only need appreciations. I'm beginner I may not work correct in the beginning but, I ensure you that if you guide me I can perform better.

precious peral, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  2. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being smart, knowing how to make money, and being willing to take risks are very important. Having the ambition to continue on even when your goals seem impossible. Also, communication skills are very much important, so focus on your vocabulary and practice like @sonalisen mentioned above.

cronik, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  3. ChazB

ChazB Member

Best Answers:
    Read, read some more, keep reading and finally, ask questions that lead to more reading.

Honestly, there is no limit to the information you should try and absorb. And you don't have to tackle it alone. If you read something of interest, go off and find discussion groups or forums (like this one) discussing the same subject. Join in and you'll get new insights and find new avenues of information to absorb.

ChazB, Aug 26, 2015 IP
  4. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Perl, you said you are a business student, what level are you at? Under graduate, graduate, high school etc.

Thanks

David

daveman, Aug 30, 2015 IP
  5. Leilani Sniffen

Leilani Sniffen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is very admirable that you would be willing to "practice" your craft with others. Especially here on the forum.

Have you thought about maybe preparing these on fiverr.com or elance.com and get paid something for what you do? That will really help hone your skills.

Just a thought.

Leilani

Leilani Sniffen, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  6. Abelo

Abelo Active Member

Best Answers:
    "write business proposals, prepare presentations, email writing. I love Finance and Accounts related work."

Based on your current skills, I'd suggest you should work on your networking and find internship/job that you think will challenge you. It's difficult to determine how your skills can lead to an independent venture. If you want to go solo, you should share with us what other interests you have. For example, what interests you might have in online marketing.

Abelo, Aug 31, 2015 IP
  7. Lumiere

Lumiere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey @precious peral I also have a degree in Business Administration and I think it's super great you want to improve your skills!
    I think an internship is indeed the best idea, because there you can learn new skills or improve existing ones while practicing them and it's when the companies are willing to teach you.

If you don't want to have an internship, you can try blogging about topics you are interested in. Blogging will require you to read lots of information, so you will always stay up-to-date with current trends, and you can share your wisdom with the world :)
    You can also get involved in some groups on social media in topics you are interested in and help people to develop your skills. For example, have a look at business plans and help people write them better. This way you get the practice you want and people will get free and valuable advice, so it's a win-win :)

Lumiere, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  8. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good for you, reading is indeed a very good way, practically I suggest you take a look at internship opportunities. Or even work for free for some days of the week in a company. That can help you understand the business environment in your area.

Mehdi.b, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  9. designnewb

designnewb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    An internship is great advice, just make sure it's something you're passionate about.

If you want more hands on advice....

Watch Ask Gary Vee podcast on Youtube or Itunes. Read all of his books.

designnewb, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  10. AdvancedSolutions

AdvancedSolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Precious,
    As a Administration Student you have to prepare everything to sharpen your skills before entering to the business world and that's the nicest thing you've started. You have to boost your knowledge in Administrative skills, Intellctual skills, Communication skills,and Writing skills. Nowadays, businesses are most likely through internet. Everything can be done using the net (software). I suggest you have to apply internship to an IT Company, in that way you can gain knowledge on software and hardware operations. This helps you manage the marketing flow once you start your own business. Another, Maintain a good CRM could be ethics.

AdvancedSolutions, Sep 2, 2015 IP
  11. precious peral

precious peral Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have done my graduation. Can you help me, I'm searching for some online Internship, where I can improve my skills.

precious peral, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  12. precious peral

precious peral Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm very confused what to do,where to do. I'm searching any company, any business person anyone who can help me in improving my skills. I can work for any organization with out money. I just want to invest my some leisure hours in some good healthy activity. Do you have any idea where I can get this opportunity, I want to work at home through internet.

precious peral, Sep 4, 2015 IP
  13. mintoz

mintoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to improve is to try it again and again. Learn from your failures again and again. I remember when I tried to make money online from one website. I tried many times and I improved my strategies every time after I failed. Finally I could make good money with that site.

mintoz, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  14. AdvancedSolutions

AdvancedSolutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed! Learn from mistakes and keep going again and again until you may succeed.

AdvancedSolutions, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  15. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    The goal to learn is already given because believe me if you want to pursue something you'll learn that eventually along the way, most likely from experience and failures. A goal should be something that is, for example, to earn a certain amount or to establish a website/blog.
    And also, prepare yourself that everything you'll do in the future may not turn out what you want it to be. Keep that in mind.

Patricia Ann Lee, Sep 9, 2015 IP
  16. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there!

Looking good today, huh? I see that you are planning to improve your business skills. Actually, Google is your friend and once you search for it, try to go to some few sites on the search results, and gather information for you to have ideas and put it into action. But if I were you, I would rather look for a coach or mentor who had been very successful in doing their businesses and has the heart to teach you to succeed, especially on the strengths that you have mentioned like writing business proposals, etc.

Hope this helps you a bit, and good luck! You are on the right path. Cheers!

bogartkick, Sep 10, 2015 IP
  17. Stephen Saha

Stephen Saha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I do not think any big business house or consultant would have you as an intern working from you. For that you need to search some smaller business consultancy company who have some provision. Another option can be to search the Freelance sites and do some Proposal writing, presentation, story boarding, etc. jobs. I know making money is not your idea, but working for different industries and companies will also add to your knowledge. It will also add brownie points to your CV later.

All the best!

Stephen Saha, Sep 10, 2015 IP
  18. RogerDale

RogerDale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also take part in various open conferences organized by bigger companies.

RogerDale, Sep 11, 2015 IP