1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I improve ad revenue without alienating readers?

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by cookiemobsta, Apr 11, 2012.

Hi everyone,

I have an online social skills guide that I run, located at www.improveyoursocialskills.com I have two adsense ads on it currently; one is a banner ad in the footer of the site, and one is a square ad that appears at the bottom of the sidebar (except not on the homepage.)

The way my site is set up is I have several free social skills lessons, and then additional lessons that cost money to access. Most of the revenue from my site comes from selling these paid lessons, so I have been careful to make my ads very unobtrusive in order to make sure that they don't scare away potential customers for my premium lessons.

However, currently my CTR is a measly .1%, and I feel like I should probably be able to improve that without alienating my readers. So could anyone take a look at my site and offer suggestions to improve my CTR, but without making the site harder to read or otherwise annoying my visitors? I really value having a clear, professional looking site, so I don't want to plaster it with ads. I have not gotten any negative feedback about my ads, and I want to keep it that way :)

But if there are ideas that could improve my CTR without making my readers angry, I would be very happy to hear them :) Can anyone help?

cookiemobsta, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  2. QuickRankSEO

QuickRankSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    Try split testing different versions (ones with more ads or no ads). You may find that no Adsense ads will be made up for by more conversions or vice versa, and find out what is worth focusing on the most.

QuickRankSEO, Apr 11, 2012 IP
  3. webserv

webserv Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually traffic is a main factor to earn from adsense. Less traffic = Less income with less CPC. Bring traffic and create custom channel to get targeted advertiser link.

webserv, Apr 13, 2012 IP
  4. cookiemobsta

cookiemobsta Peon

Best Answers:
    Any other tips? :)

cookiemobsta, Apr 19, 2012 IP