1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I Get Support

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by hostydotnet, Feb 12, 2013.

A contact us button for advertisers would be really useful.

I paid money to advertise. I hope this is not the only option for obtaining support. I don't want to have to get public help or help from the public for what should be a private converstation about my account. How can I contact someone directly regarding the money I have spent and what I'm getting for it.

Kevin

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    hostydotnet, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sure, you can get support here or you can message me privately with whatever your questions are.

digitalpoint, Feb 12, 2013 IP
  3. hostydotnet

hostydotnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gotta say a little frustrated...I spent about 15 minutes searching the site for a way to get in touch with someone. it shouldn't be that hard.

Your signature says "Please do not contact me privately for support, use the appropriate forum." which seems a little counter intuitive. I even had to find out to post in this thread...from another thread which in and of itself is ridiculous that there isn't simply a way to go right to support on every page of your website.

See what Im saying?

My problem is this. I have an ad....and again...I can't not for the life of me figure out where I can select where this ad will be placed and see this ad before I enable it and start paying for it? Or am i missing something. I need in depth information on how to properly place my ads where I want them, so I can divide up my ads appropriately.

Kevin

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Targeting an ad depends on the ad type. You have the most options with banner ads... for example you can choose only users in certain countries to see the ad, or you can choose which areas of the site (by sub-domain or forum section) to run the ad in. All targeting options available for the ad type should show on the page where you edit/create an ad (same screen where you put in things like the URL).

There isn't an "ad preview" function since for the most part things like banner ads are images uploaded by the advertiser (there's really nothing *to* preview since it's just the image itself).

5. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    so with text link ads you can't pick a section of the forum you want to advertise in? they are just going to get put all over the place in irrelevant sections?

i don't see any other options outside of the ad itself other than, what keywords are to be in the links and how much im paying. what else is there?

isn't there better information available?

kevin

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There's not a lot of targetting options with the text link ads simply because the technical requirements to compile the master keyword list of what is linkable and what isn't on a per end user basis as well as per area basis just make it not possible. Say 250,000 unique visitors visit the site and there is 170 targetable sections... you would be internally generating 42,500,000 unique keyword lists (one for each user/section) to be able to target both geographically and site area-wise. Just the one keyword list being used now takes about 30 seconds to compile for actual use (there's a background process that does it).

So yes... keyword-based inline text ads would show in any area (with a cap of one per post). But I'm not sure they would actually be irrelevant since they are based on the keyword themselves. If someone is talking about web hosting (for example) in General Chat instead of in the Web Hosting section, I would assume that an end user clicking the link labeled "web hosting" would be interested in web hosting.

7. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    that sounds more like a code and implimentation issue than anything else. if one really wanted to do regional specifics they could go through the problem of creating extra links, rather than limit the way more usefullness of not being able to target an ad to a topic specific area...right? or am i missing something?

one does not need to permutate everything in order to be 90 percent effective towards what members would want to do.

you could also tackle the problem by letting them specify regional or topical to cut the computing problem in half if the implimentation is in fact the issue right?

kevin

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree... it's not an insurmountable issue. But it still is an issue none-the-less. Partially it's also a demand issue. There just hasn't been much demand for super granular targeting of keyword-based ads. Maybe it's purely a cost thing or something... super targeted ads would cost more, and I suspect keywords being targeted so specifically to a certain part of the site AND to geographical regions definitely would have the cost driven up quite a bit since the bidding system is supply/demand... for the best keywords/geographical regions, some advertisers would probably be willing to pay $15-20/click for some stuff.

Being able to geotarget email-ads is probably next on the list, and after that we'll probably see the ability to geotarget keyword link ads as well. But I don't foresee the ability to target keywords ads to specific areas of the site (they are already keyword-based, which is better targeting than area-based anyway).

9. hostydotnet

Best Answers:
    i think the average person is not entirely in tune with what the best things for them would be. most people slap stuff together, throw stuff against the wall and see what stays up there. i could really go down a rabbit hole here.

if you are selling something to a specific type of person. you could be spending tons of money targeting a scope that is entirely to wide for your product or company. the cost of doing so could be huge based on the entire advertisable space and what the desired space is in relation to the number of accidental impressions vs intended impressions.

your goal as a business is to increase impressions, mine is to conserve and only pay for high quality leads. if cost verse return is not seen then you lose a customer right? having options gives me the ability to achieve my goals, and drives other people who want the same high return for low cost to your site to do business with you.

i had planned to test the waters....but my campaign may be winding down before i even start due to this. but im going to be objective and see what happens first. had i had the ability to judge this prior to adding funds then i probably would have never paid 25.00 into this.

what advertising methods are available to topic specific areas of the site
    kevin

10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The banner ads are the most targetable currently. For example you can target an ad to just appear in the "Digital Point Ads" support forum (here as an example) and only show it to users in Costa Rica (again, just an example). If you start the creation process for a banner ad (you don't have to run it or even save it), you can see what sort of targeting options there are.