1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I Get Non-Personalized Bing Results?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Zibblu, Jan 29, 2011.

I've ran into a bit of a problem with Bing/Yahoo. I've noticed that when I search for some of my target keywords on Bing (or Yahoo) I get rankings that are much better than I believe I'm actually getting (when other people search) due to some sort of personalization.

I can't seem to figure out how to turn this personalization off so that I can get the "real" search results.

For example right now I've got a #1 ranking for one of the keywords I'm targeting on Bing that should have many thousands of searches a month (250K/month on Google) and I'm getting absolutely no traffic from it. Obviously I don't really have a #1 ranking for this keyword.

I believe what's happening is that when I click on my own domains through Bing searches that it's moving up those domains each time I search again ... I understand why they do it and it's a pretty cool feature in general - but as someone trying to do SEO it's extremely irritating!

If anyone has a solution to this problem (preferably one that's easy to implement!) please let me know.

Zibblu, Jan 29, 2011 IP