How can I get my site making me more income? (so low at this moment)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by tjkpay, Oct 22, 2011.

I have written blog technical blog (technicaltips.net) that covering topics such as Microsoft systems and different technologies.

I have about 100 – 300 unique visitors in my web site daily. I can’t use Google Adsense but I have used AdBrite and Kontera for making some money. Income is still so low (about a one dollar for a week).

Can you give me some tips to get a little more?

Writing tips for it administrators is a hobby for me.

tjkpay, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  2. OStyle078

OStyle078 Peon

Best Answers:
    first have ads who are in the subjet of your blog, with this you will have better CTR

OStyle078, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  3. BrownCat

BrownCat Member

Best Answers:
    Make proper plan for the SEO of your blog and post interesting articles on hot issues to attract the people. Get back links from High PR relevant forums, directories, articles and blogs etc using proper keywords to increase your PR and SERP rank so that people may search you easily. Use relevant forums and social networking sites like facebook, linked in and twitter to drive traffic to your blog. This will help you increase your adsense income from your blog.

BrownCat, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  4. harris98765

harris98765 Peon

Best Answers:
    Since you're getting good taffic, go ahead with CPA or ClickBank or Amazon or Ebay products or your own products etc... to get more income..

harris98765, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  5. kuddus

kuddus Peon

Best Answers:
    revenue/conversion from CPA has been much better for me. adsense/adbrite may not be suitable for each niche. I have about 100 traffic/day but nearly zero income from adsense.

kuddus, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  6. awcguy

awcguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    People who are reading technical blogs for Microsoft and stuff are not looking to spend money but fix a problem. You need to convert Readers into Buyers..

So you need to create a conversion process.. first you must think like your readers

awcguy, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  7. mnh962

mnh962 Peon

Best Answers:
    to get more revenue you can register to paid review such as blogsvertise, sponsoredreviews etc. you can earn starting from $10 per review (200-250 words)

mnh962, Oct 22, 2011 IP
  8. tjkpay

tjkpay Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you a lot for your tips. I'll try to these methods.

This is a very good point. I'll try to convert my content more for buyers and making a good affiliate marketing.

What do you think? What kind of products can I sell in my site? Books?

tjkpay, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  9. Aurelius25

Aurelius25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can try CPM networks and try Adsense.another way is sell some fancy profitable online stuffs like clickbank

Aurelius25, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  10. KlausKesselGO

KlausKesselGO Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you need something to keep people on your site longer like comments.

KlausKesselGO, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  11. blind bandit

blind bandit Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense is everyhing,

I thing you need to change your theme first, after it's all fix make sure your running SEO way, mean white hat. If you have done with it you can sell ad space and also review for any products, But for Google Adsense is must, cause adbrite can not give more than GA

blind bandit, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  12. carlosfarfan

carlosfarfan Peon

Best Answers:
    hello, well your site looks pretty basic but it's ok. first of all i would take out that paypal button. people gets scared sometimes knowing that there's a payment processor on your site when they are may looking for a free answer. second i would try to write a report about a hot topic on your niche, something that will resolve people's problem very easy or something you haven't seen any other websites doing it so far. If you are looking for fresh new content sign up to google alerts and see what is coming to your inbox daily, get some ideas and re write them in your own words.

Making reports is a good way to get more traffic but like the other guys said, you need to turn them into buyers so the best way to do this is to look for "buyer keywords" on your niche, something that people has been looking for so long and fortunately you will have the answer for them and you could profit from it, just my 2 cents

Carlos

carlosfarfan, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  13. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you sell a product that is related to your site? The easy way: affiliate marketing. The hard way: selling your own product?

aditd, Oct 23, 2011 IP
  14. plrnexus

plrnexus Peon

Best Answers:
    Try adding some banner ads.

plrnexus, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  15. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Looking at your site, you seem to be promoting Amazon products while giving technical information. Have you looked at your keywords? Try having some keywords with high buyer intention on your articles and get those ranking. This way you just don't get people who want to look for information, but also people looking for tech-related products too. You might want to add reviews on products that you are promoting.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  16. ExaMike

ExaMike Peon

Best Answers:
    To generate more income, you can consider to join affiliate program. Since you like writing and keen on technology, you can write review for new products. Hope it helps and all the best!

ExaMike, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  17. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could try some affiliate programs from the affiliate networks, 300 uniques per day is not bad at all

golfpro1, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  18. SEOXperD

SEOXperD Peon

Best Answers:
    Updated and new data with time by time on your site and put them in a manner which attract the new users and make them involve in your site. Secondly adopt some proper SEO technique to promote your business in different way which you prefer more better.

SEOXperD, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  19. bongted

bongted Peon

Best Answers:
    drive more traffic to your website and you will get more earning. make your website #1 in google with your keyword.

bongted, Oct 25, 2011 IP
  20. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aside from Amazon products, you can also join Clickbank as an affiliate. They have products related to technology that you can write a review on and promote in your site. Get those reviews ranking and start earning commission. The commission is much more than what you could get in AdSense so the extra effort is worth it.

affilorama, Oct 25, 2011 IP