1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I get more traffic to my blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by element01, Apr 27, 2014.

Hey,

I've been working on a blog for a little while: http://goodidea.me/

I have no traffic.

What can I do!?

element01, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  2. kjrocker

kjrocker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try contacting popular bloggers in your niche and offer them a few guest posts or you can ask them to introduce their readers to your blog and also focus on social media ...

kjrocker, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  3. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Every new blog post you made, share them on every social media and bookmarking sites. The great plugin you should get that would help you to share them easily on every important of websites is called AddThis.

Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome has the plugin.

That would be a start.

Joshie, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  4. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Use https://dlvr.it/ to automatically post to the various social media sites.

Ethan Alvin, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  5. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    The social media websites are most effective sources of traffic. It is important to create a professional profile on these websites and update it regularly with the new blog posts. Also make sure to add images and other fun stuff to keep the people interested.

Resource9, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  6. Khivrin

Khivrin Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. Optimize the website
    2. Create SMM profiles
    3. Update them regularly
    4. Guest blog
    5. While doing it all, learn how to use paid ads - you're going to need it later.

And remember, it's hard and boring work, nothing better or different from working at an office.

Khivrin, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  7. Sunrider1

Sunrider1 Peon

Best Answers:
    There are two ways that will get you some traffic to your blog.
    1.Register to a few niche related forums and post comments that adds a lot of value to the post, with a signature at the end of your comment that points to your blog.
    2.Find a few niche related blogs.visit them weekly and post good comments with your signature that points to your blog.
    Some forums don't allow a signature upon registration.You might have to make a certain number of posts in order to have a signature.

Sunrider1, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  8. Automation Hero

Automation Hero Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Neil Patel from Quicksprout offered a 30 day traffic challenge a few weeks back. Here is an article that set up each day of what you should be doing to get more traffic. Here's the article: http://www.quicksprout.com/double-your-traffic-in-30-days/

I would probably recommend picking 2-3 of the strategies at first and really mastering those instead of doing a different strategy daily. I think he just laid out a different strategy for each day in the 30 days to show the number of possibilities there are for getting traffic to your site. Best of luck!

Automation Hero, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  9. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all keep updating your site with Good and unique content. Use Social media sites to promote your post. Engage with your audience for what they want from you.

iwebsocial, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  10. JackyS

JackyS Member

Best Answers:
    You first need to make sure you are submitted to all the major search engines, then you need to get links to your blog from other websites eg: Facebook, MySpace, Stumbleupon and other bookmarking sites, you can also submit articles to websites based around your content then add your link to the article.

I would ensure you are added to stumble because I see a lot of traffic on my sites from them.

JackyS, May 28, 2014 IP
  11. Salman Nifty A

Salman Nifty A Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    what I recommend doing is optimize your blog for search engines (you've probably heard that from a lot of people but it's crucial) you also want to make sure your keywords are relevant to your niche, when making posts try and mention them as much as possible but don't spam out, e.g. "I have been making baseball bats for a long time, baseball bats are really good, and I recommend baseball bats for every baseball player that needs a baseball bat" (really bad example but I think you get the point) instead try to make longer posts with better value and mention the keyword in places that they will fit in.
    Once you've completed that you should move onto investing more time and effort into social marketing (because it's free and because its also easy to get a good "fan base"), the best way to do this in preference is to just go on twitter or Google+ and just start following people or adding them to your circles, they'll return the favour and follow you, just remember to make sure they have the interest of your niche, and remember to keep them as a regular viewer by offering value in your posts, of course don't just post everything in one day instead, try keep it to 2-3 posts a day, it'll keep them intrigued and they won't unfollow because they feel you have more to offer.
    Then you can gradually start gaining a fan base and share your website link to them and KABOOM you've got your on demand traffic.

If I were you I'd take a look at my website: bigbuckswithnifty.com (I've got a lot more tips and tutorials on how to drive traffic to your website/blog)

Salman Nifty A, May 28, 2014 IP
  12. kaibril

kaibril Member

Best Answers:
    You can advertise it on social networking sites (such as Facebook), different forums, blog commenting, social bookmarking sites, etc.

kaibril, May 31, 2014 IP
  13. Ay3sha

Ay3sha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Start driving traffic from other places- i.e. YouTube, document sharing sites,
    press releases, blog comments, guest posts, and article
    syndication. Paid traffic can also help you can get it from sites like SEOclerks.

Ay3sha, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  14. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Remember to blog and ping. Submit to blog directories and follow SEO guidelines. I would definitely do some paid advertising, and host Adsense or some affiliate products to recoup your investment(s).

Randall Magwood, Jul 12, 2014 IP