1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can i get clients for my online business?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DeepaAM, Feb 22, 2014.

1. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Have you tried SEOClerks? It's the largest SEO marketplace around and it could be your first "stepping stone" to increase your clients, make a steady income and get clients. There's several seo experts on seoclerks who makes a full-time income, so if you have the skills & knowledge to provide all the things you've stated, you'll be making money for sure.

Cheers,
    hitmeasap

inyourway, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  2. kellyBee

kellyBee Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the places is right here on DP. There is always people on here looking for banner/website design. Put your offers forward and if your work is quality, word of mouth is a good start

kellyBee, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  3. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    I need a website designed, do you have a place where I can see your work? e.g. website, and your fees?
    You can PM me as well.

Catzy, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if you are providing SEO, then have your site ranked #1 (or at the very least, on page 1). I am serious, when I hire an SEO person, I will search to see how their own site ranks, and often I will hire someone ranking well in google. IF they cant rank their own site well.... then clearly they are useless.

As for webdesign.... I have hired a number of people from digitalpoint before, so try doing a thread with examples of your best work and stuff. You can also have threads on other forums (like webhostingtalk just to name another).
    I dont believe that doing large campaigns (banner ads / adwords) for webdesign will be cost effective simply as most people will get quotes from multiple companies, and with the industry being highly competitive, you might end up with a poor conversion rate, and or, the profits from the work you get might not be enough to cover all the marketing expenses.

matt_62, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  5. Times Lau

Times Lau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do SEO to get promoted in google search
    and build true high quality content with your site .make it useful to your followers

Times Lau, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  6. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are offering SEO, I'm guessing you need to know how to market, right? You are marketing websites to search engines. And if you don't know how to find clients you definitely have no idea what you are doing.

Define what type of services you offer, quality of your services, clients you would like to work with etc.. Working on SEOclerks won't get you to much good. You are basically working for $50 so it means you provide shitty SEO services and getting clients who are not willing to pay more than that. I don't see profit there and you can't build solid foundation of clients like that.

As I said, find your course first. Know where and how you will approach clients and what services to offer them.

VukasinI, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  7. seoagrippa

seoagrippa Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should first read JIXHOST inspirational story on how he got success on his hosting business and it will hel you alot
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/how-i-built-a-successful-web-hosting-company-with-little-money.2706667/

seoagrippa, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  8. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I agree about sustainability, all those platforms are changing too fast.
    What I doubt is "permanent job"
    I don't think such a thing exists. Or maybe it's just me.

content4cool, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  9. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm seriously? Your skills include SEO and PPC and you are still asking where to find your target customers? PPC is all about knowing your customer data (demography, behavior etc.) so you get an idea.

Chad Eztraffic, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  10. letsdothisthing

letsdothisthing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you haven't already tried it-hit up Fiverr. Gigs start at $5, but you can charge much more than that for the services that it sounds like you offer. You probably won't be able to bring in what you would on your own, but it is a good way to at least get some recent "review work" under your belt that you can provide to future clients that you find from the ideas listed by the others above.

letsdothisthing, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  11. andymark

andymark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can go through the email marketing in your business. you can send us the email in manufacturing industries any other promote your business.

andymark, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  12. neest321

neest321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is an old thread but I still thought to reply since it keeps on getting bumped :) Not getting client is a very standard problem for service providers since most of the market is saturated and you can't create a differentiation or a brand. What you need to do is to focus on visibility and branding, so you stand out from others. Focus on inbound marketing rather spamming and old outbound practices. use Software like hubspot.com and inBoundio.com to automate marketing, this will take time but you should look for long term solution.

neest321, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  13. Rakesh doddera

Rakesh doddera Member

Best Answers:
    Internet Marketing is essential to get clients for my online business.
    Search Engine Marketing which involves both optimization and advertising in order to increase the visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs).

Rakesh doddera, Mar 18, 2014 IP
  14. rolres

rolres Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's a completely different approach that you might want to look into:
    Go for a drive or a walk down a street with a lot of SMALL and possibly STRUGGLING business. Take note of their names, get phone numbers or email addresses wherever you can. Now, get home, find out if they have a presence online. Many small struggling businesses don't have a good presence online (no social media, no website, no mobile website, or just a very bad website), and offer your service at a small discount via email or phone call.

This is a very old fashioned approach, but it's FREE, and often times you only contact your exact target audience. I actually used to use this method when I first started a webdesign service a year ago and maybe ~2hours of work gave me 2 or 3 new clients.

rolres, Mar 20, 2014 IP
  15. swasa

swasa Member

Best Answers:
    What is the site for your online business. Doing SEO for a site, will help you to get more business.

swasa, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  16. jowel

jowel Well-Known Member Premium Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    FB, SEO, articles .... forums

jowel, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  17. WebsitePlex

WebsitePlex Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ seoagrippa Thank you for the mention of my earlier post.

Getting clients for any online venue is about letting those online know who you are as a person, from there they paint a picture in their mind of how you run your business. They want to know you so they can trust you before they can trust a business you run.

WebsitePlex, Jun 27, 2015 IP
  18. RogerDale

RogerDale Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also organize special meetings for e.g. enthusiasts of new technologies (online or offline). I think it's a great idea if you want to promote your products, services or business as such. It's very helpful but often neglected marketing tool even for small companies.

RogerDale, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  19. Andy-Jones

Andy-Jones Member

Best Answers:
    You should invest in Facebook Ads and Google Adwords for getting traffic. If you are looking for free method, then focus on forum posts.

Andy-Jones, Jun 29, 2015 IP
  20. AZ Website Solution

AZ Website Solution Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You can generate the traffic for your website. Any way getting traffic or attract the client. Suppose If you create new website so that you can advertisement of your website and you can use social media tools.

If you have knowledge of SEO so that you can create blog and you will do unique guest post in the blog and in this blog throw advertisement of your website. This is the best way of advertising. Your website detail are sharing in market and attract the client your website.

Second things you can use social media tools because social media tools are sharing of your website url in the market. And you can use many forums otherwise you can create thread of your website in the many forums and get the traffic.

Other way you can index of your blog url and website url so that any person can find the your keyword and meet your website link so that get the traffic or more clients.

AZ Website Solution, Jul 3, 2015 IP