1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Can I Get Better at Writing Blog Posts?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by FarrisFahad, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Rztech1

Rztech1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you start writing your first blog post, you should make a content plan.

You can use Excel or a Trello board. Here’s a .
    The Trello board also has a checklist to help you write the perfect article. Click “More” on the right sidebar and click “https://sms-man.com/blog/how-to-successfully-run-your-blog/

In article ideas, write down everything you could write. You can also create a content outline if you like

Rztech1, Jan 29, 2022 IP
  2. Ironfury

Ironfury Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Read more successful blog posts and develop a good taste.

Ironfury, Feb 2, 2022 IP
  3. Anders Larsson

Anders Larsson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I did a video of the PMES formula that can absolutely help with copy writing.
    You can find it on youtube.

Anders Larsson, Feb 6, 2022 IP
  4. GokuDBZ

GokuDBZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This is a very subjective thing I believe. Some may like your current blog posts while some may not. Even if you do 2-3 courses and write, there will be few who will still not like the quality of your content.

So, if one is to generalize it, the more you write & read, the more better you'll become. Just keep writing and evaluate time to time. You can also ask people to give you feedback anonymously so that chances of the feedback being genuine can help you a lot.

GokuDBZ, May 8, 2022 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  5. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you guys for your help. I really struggle with perfectionism. I think that I need to embrace my lack of good writing. But it seems like a waste of time to me because I think that if the blog post is not good enough it won't rank. And that's what holding me back. I am learning every day and hope that one day I become a great writer. Can you guys look at my blog posts and skim through them to see if my content is any good?
    Here is a blog post I recently wrote ...

https://www.websiteseconomy.com/post/6

I don't want to link to it so I don't get banned.
    You can copy and paste the link.

FarrisFahad, May 8, 2022 IP
  6. GokuDBZ

GokuDBZ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The post quality is good but the way its written/formatted is pretty awful. You need to learn how to write paragraphs instead of short sentences. I use this one trick, wherein whenever I want to write something I put myself/imagine that I'm speaking to some friend of mine on 1 to 1 basis and whatever I'll be speaking I just write it down. From my head to my hands, to my fingers and to the keyboard.

Don't give so much thinking into the content just feel free to 1st generate the content and then later you can format it because I think from the post you linked, a lot of thinking was done for each sentence, am I right? ;) Its good but not very productive.

Will suggest you to do a short course on Content Marketing on coursera. I finished it few days back and it really gave me a lot of insights on improving my writing. Goto Coursera and search for Content Marketing. You'll get the courses, select the one from UC Davis / Sonia Simmone - The Strategy of Content Marketing. Its a free course and you can finish it quickly within a week. Easy too and simple English is used.

GokuDBZ, May 8, 2022 IP
    cronik, sarahk and FarrisFahad like this.
  7. FlyNestor

FlyNestor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Few tips:
    - read out loud your article to see if they sound well
    - use synonyms to avoid to repeat a word which is too much used
    - if possible wait 1 day to read again and check your article before publication

FlyNestor, May 8, 2022 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  8. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Awesome tips. I will apply that.

FarrisFahad, May 8, 2022 IP
  9. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well with practice comes the results .What you do more you will became good at it .Just write as much as you can and you will learn new things ,you will became better etc .In the process you will see what articles are liked by peoole or by search engines and you will became better

Spartan14, May 8, 2022 IP
  10. AndroidST

AndroidST Member

Best Answers:
    It's important to be well-read and knowledgeable about your topic. Write about things you're passionate about, and take the time to revise and edit your work. Be clear, concise, and interesting, and your readers will keep coming back for more!

There are a few things you can do to get better at writing blog posts:

1. Practice writing regularly. The more you write, the better you'll get at it.

2. Read other blogs and learn from their formatting, style, and approach.

3. Find a friend or colleague who is also a writer and brainstorm ideas together.

4. Join a writing group or online forum. This can be a great way to get feedback on your work and learn from other writers.

5. Stay positive and don't get discouraged if your first few attempts aren't perfect. Rome wasn't built in a day!

AndroidST, May 12, 2022 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  11. Ashton Kirkeide

Ashton Kirkeide Peon

Best Answers:
    Imagine you are talking to your best friend. Reading other blogs in the same niche for tone and flow is also helpful. Then, practice mimicking the style (NOT THE COPY). Learning SEO is excellent for pushing traffic but not necessarily for reader retention. Tools like Grammarly can help ensure your copy is correct.

Ashton Kirkeide, Jul 24, 2022 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  12. KF7385

KF7385 Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep sentences short and to the point. Avoid big words at all costs. This seems simple, but it's actually quite tough.

KF7385, Jul 26, 2022 IP
  13. AlexaK1

AlexaK1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I can recommend a course at coursera.org about copywriting. I passed it last year and it helped me a lot to write better headers and more useful content.

AlexaK1, Dec 14, 2022 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Why should I trust someone who managed to get themselves banned?:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Dec 14, 2022 IP
  15. ArtificialIntelligence

ArtificialIntelligence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you need to start reading more bloggers than just writing down your own thoughts on paper, so it can be a unique article. You can start from a single paragraph to a 2000 - 3000 word whole content, you need to make a structure for your blog when you reach your height of writing. Never copy any of the content.

ArtificialIntelligence, Jan 24, 2023 IP