1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I complain to Facebook about infringing content and prove I am the rights owner?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Nitin Kumar Palmist, Nov 7, 2020.

Hi,

Someone copied my whole article from my blogspot blog from beginning to end without my permission so when i try to report copyright infringement on Facebook they are asking me proof of ownership but they are asking me to prove that I am rights owner or authorized representative with some documentation.

I am not aware of any such documentation ....plz suggest how i can prove that i am the rights owner

How can I complain to Facebook about infringing content and prove I am the rights owner?
    as we use blogspot and I am not knowing if there is any such thing to prove that i am rights owner ......

so my basic question is if someone copied your article from blogspot and paste in facebook page then how can you tell facebook so that they remove it and how to prove that you are the rights owner

please see below is the reply I got from facebook team:

"Hi,

Thanks for your report. Based on the information you have provided, it is not clear to us that you are the rights owner or are otherwise authorized to submit this report on the rights owner’s behalf.
    To help us confirm that you’re an authorized representative, please reply to this message and provide additional information, such as documentation clarifying your authorization to submit this report. Once we have received this information, we would be happy to look into this matter further.

Thanks,

Joyce
    Facebook "

Nitin Kumar Palmist, Nov 7, 2020 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    One way to show the content was not originated by person about who you speak is to note the date you posted it to blogspot, and the date the other person posted on facebook.

Smyrl, Nov 7, 2020 IP
  3. Nitin Kumar Palmist

Nitin Kumar Palmist Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook team is asking me to prove right ownership by some documentation .........I use blogspot blogger platform and I am not aware how to get any type of document from them stating that I am the owner of my blog

Nitin Kumar Palmist, Nov 7, 2020 IP
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Documentation does not mean that you need physical documents. Your blog will have a datestamp so all you need to do is show them your blog post which will show a datestamp BEFORE the datestamp of the stolen copy.

Also, if you have not already done it, you need to place a copyright notice on every page of your blog.

Further, the Wayback website may have a copy of at least one of the stolen pages. If they do, their datestamp will show when they copied it which will probably be before it was stolen.

If it is indexed by search engines, they often have old links showing your ownership.

mmerlinn, Nov 7, 2020 IP
    seomanualsubmission likes this.