1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I come up with funny content?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by FarrisFahad, May 30, 2017.

So I have a funny pictures site and I would like to create funny pictures. How can I do that, do you have any suggestions?

FarrisFahad, May 30, 2017 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    As people say, comedy is actually hard. It is easier to make one cry than to make people laugh. To create funny pictures, you must find humor in everything. It might not be funny to most, or maybe to some, but it will still be funny to at least a number of people.

Milliardo, May 31, 2017 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You need a creative mind to come up with new funny material, not knocking you here but the fact you needed to ask this question here means you probably haven't got what it takes and would need to employ a pro to create the content for you.

malky66, May 31, 2017 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  4. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are actually right. I am having a hard time coming up with creative ideas. But how can I find a person that does?

FarrisFahad, May 31, 2017 IP
  5. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, May 31, 2017 IP
  6. Hannah Fulton

Hannah Fulton Peon

Best Answers:
    I am literally the unfunniest person when I try, but a lot of comedy comes from real life and just getting very sassy about it (at least that's what I've found!)

Topical humour never gets old, so maybe try that?

Hannah Fulton, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  7. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What do you mean by Topical?

FarrisFahad, Jun 5, 2017 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's mind numbing that you are asking this question when on December 21st, 2016 you wrote "I have a funny pictures website. And my problem is that I have no idea of how to come up with funny content." in this thread: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...unnier-copied-content-funny-pictures.2793506/
    I will cross post what I wrote, which by the way, coincidentally @malky66 liked:

Netstar: "With that said, you are in the wrong niche. Why is this a niche that interests you? You can't come up with funny content therefor you MUST recycle existing content which is a saturated market. What's the dream? What's the vision? My vote is to cross if off the list and come up with something better that 1) is in demand 2) not saturated and 3) something you are experienced with. Your idea is a failure which is why you are asking for advice on a forum. Let it go. Move on. End of discussion."​

You launched this web site in January 2015 and 10 months later consulted with this forum on how to market it for more visitors. Then a YEAR later posted on here in dire need of information on how to produce funny content. And now 6 months later you are still asking about how to create funny pictures.........

This is NOT your niche. There is no fire or passion in this for you. I went to your web site (PicturePunches.com) and I think it's a very clean slick design which tells me you have potential, if you designed it. Why not shift your focus on something that IS in your wheelhouse? Who are you? What do you like? What drives you? What would interest you enough to develop for it????? You're obviously not funny...well...it is kinda funny how you keep asking about how to be funny.... but you aren't funny. You need to shift focus. STOP WASTING TIME. I may be harsh at times but some of my biggest mistakes I've made in this game is wasting time and holding on to something that will never be successful.

If you are set on this funny picture niche then I suggest you re-think your approach. Long gone are the days that someone logs on to a web site to see funny pictures. It's all driven by friends on social media... pictures become viral due to friends sharing photos. Not because they saw it on a funny pictures site... Your grandmother may still do that but judging by your content you will offend your only audience.

NetStar, Jun 5, 2017 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  9. Hannah Fulton

Hannah Fulton Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say stuff that's in the news and relevant to people - something that they deal with in everyday life

Hannah Fulton, Jun 6, 2017 IP
    FarrisFahad likes this.
  10. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It is hard for me to come up with funny content, but I built this site so other people can upload. I just want to get the ball rolling. I hope that some day I become like memecenter.com or 9gag.com. I know that there is a market for that kinda website. But I find myself struggling with traffic. I tried hiring people but it didn't work, due to low quality content (not funny jokes).

So now I am stuck with building content by myself.

FarrisFahad, Jun 6, 2017 IP
  11. Junioreality

Junioreality Active Member

Best Answers:
    One way to help get the ball rolling is being part of facebook groups centered around entertainment, and use some content that is out there already on your website and post links to your website in these groups (if they haven't seen the content in those groups before).

Another idea, which you may know already is getting traffic to your site through SEO.

Junioreality, Jun 10, 2017 IP