1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I check if someone is trying to hack my website?? 250,000 hits!

Discussion in 'Security' started by enikram, Feb 4, 2015.

For one of the website I am managing their hosting provider says there were 250,000 hits in a 5 day period last month and I am not seeing it with Google analytics. They are saying that perhaps someone is trying to hack that website. Again, I am not seeing any of that. How would I be able to check on that? Are there any kind of tracking system I can use that better at catching these than Google Analytics?

enikram, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  2. gigapros

gigapros Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google analytics will only record hits if they are hitting a web page having your analytics code embedded in. However, if they are hitting some other port (other than port 80/443), or if they are directly hitting your IP on port 80, there's a big chance that analytics won't record those hits. So, ask your hosting provider to send you some logs of this hits and post them here. We can then decipher it further.

gigapros, Feb 14, 2015 IP
  3. linux7802

linux7802 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check the error logs for more information and check access logs for 'POST' and 'GET' function , it will help you to resolve hacking issue because most of the hacker use 'POST' and 'GET' function to hack php pages.

linux7802, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  4. dervaish

dervaish Member

Best Answers:
    Check error log from your Hosting account C panel , get info about your website is ok or is getting some trouble.

dervaish, Feb 18, 2015 IP
  5. iFube

iFube Peon

Best Answers:
    If your ordinary web page has 100 images, then every visitor produces 100+ requests when only one of them registered by GA. So, real "humen" traffic could be significantly lower for 250K hits monthly. Do your pages contain a lot of images?

iFube, Mar 1, 2015 IP