1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how can i change the title in google search results

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by nuthin2lose, Jan 21, 2009.

on my forum i have names for specific forums. one example is the book exchange. how can i get my result to show up in google as "psu book exchange" in big blue letters. instead of how it shows up now which is "penn state forum - viewthread", then book exchange is in the description

nuthin2lose, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  2. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to set the page title to "PSU Book Exchange". Check your forum software and see if it can be changed. In addition, if you want "book exchange" in the description you need to set it in the meta description tag.

freelistfool, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  3. nuthin2lose

nuthin2lose Peon

Best Answers:
    its phpbb3 .. i'm not sure if it has it or not?? do you know by chance?

nuthin2lose, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  4. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is pulling that text from your site. Find out where and change it. It could affect your ranking. Sometimes the statement "if it ain't broke don't fix it" is in order.

There is no perfect site.

internetmarketingiq, Jan 21, 2009 IP
  5. minhdai

minhdai Peon

Best Answers:
    You need a plugin for control meta tags and you can easily to chance the title tag for all page in your site. I don't know what is this plugin, but in Joomla it's Meta Control, Wordpress is SEO Meta Tags, Drupal is Views plugin....

minhdai, Jan 21, 2009 IP