1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I block low pay ads on my site ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by cheasamnang, May 22, 2011.

Yesterday I got 2 clicks with low pay 0.01 cent per click. Anyone know how to block low pay ads ? Please tell ;)

Thanks !!!

cheasamnang, May 22, 2011 IP
  2. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the deal.

If your site is new you may not be able to do anything. Adsense doesn't release there formula, only the payout percentages. Those are supposedly 68% for contextual. But what is revenue? You don't know. You can look up CPC on Adwords and guess. But that's not necessarily what you get paid.

So your site may display an Ad that costs an advertiser a buck and you get paid a few pennies. It's a very secret operation. How do I know this? Because I started back in 2003. And I use similar templates across different niches. And I test the hell out of things. The newer sites often do not pay out the big bucks.

As your site gains authority your income increases.

But for now what you can do is use the Google Adsense filtering tools. The problem is they only let you filter 200 companies. And how do you know which 200? You can look at your own ads and guess and that's about it. Because you don't see the Ads your visitors see for a number of reasons I won't get into.

Beyond filtering the best thing you can do is pull all your ads off of pages that are not going to make any money, privacy, contact, etc.

Then limit the number of ad units you display unless you are in a really saturated high margin niche. Less ads means Google will display fewer of the lower paying lower performing ads.

And then you can carefully construct your Title Tags, anchor text, and content so that Google has plenty of information to tell their bots what your page is really about.

And that's how it's done. Last week I pulled an $8 plus click in a health niche. That was suite. Yesterday I had a single site pull over $19 on 5 clicks!

This is not the norm. A typical click across my network is more like 50 cents each. Most people are lucky to get a nickel a click. And the reason I make this is because I FOCUS these sites on Adsense as if they were Affiliate sites. I use a very limited number of ads, I put them in places where they MUST be seen, and I use common linking colors. I also only focus on really high end niches that have a lot of advertisers.

You can be Nordstroms or you can be Walmart. The choice is yours. Good luck.

internetmarketingiq, May 22, 2011 IP
  3. TheMissingLink007

TheMissingLink007 Peon

Best Answers:
    wow nice bit of info thanks

TheMissingLink007, May 22, 2011 IP
  4. techncom

techncom Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are in AdSense then use AdSense ads filter..

techncom, May 22, 2011 IP
  5. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes adsense ad filter is a way to protect it but you can also see it more specifically by using the channels.

digitalwebman06, May 22, 2011 IP
  6. bbharath

bbharath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice so should i remove the ads from other non content pages to increase cost per click.I am getting most times 1 cent a click but i have thought that is asian traffic.

bbharath, May 22, 2011 IP
  7. tehseeninter

tehseeninter Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can block low paying ads by improving your website's content!
    Traffic source is also key.

tehseeninter, May 23, 2011 IP
  8. fouzan

fouzan Peon

Best Answers:
    Remove low paying keywords from your website :D it can help a lot! :p

fouzan, May 23, 2011 IP
  9. datastage

datastage Peon

Best Answers:
    We can filter the ads coming from Adsense. But we can't stop low ctc ads in our sites. That is completely under goolgle

datastage, May 24, 2011 IP
  10. soniii

soniii Guest

Best Answers:
    how can you identify the low paying ads?

soniii, May 25, 2011 IP
  11. starker01

starker01 Peon

Best Answers:
    and how can you filters ads.

starker01, May 26, 2011 IP
  12. balivillaholidays

balivillaholidays Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you just have to choose your keyword targets for ads properly. You also need to alter some of your content so that Google would be happy to categorized your website contents to these high paying adword ppcs.

balivillaholidays, May 26, 2011 IP