1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I better build up my Facebook group?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Roman Karlich, Aug 18, 2022.

Hello everybody,

I am co-owner of a Facebook group which was created in October 2018.
    This group has no specific topic, it's a group to meet new people and make friendship with them.
    It has now round about 2,800 members.
    This is okay, however, I would like to grow the group even bigger.

So there is something I don't understand:
    In the period between October 2020 and April 2021, we had a lot of Facebook users coming to our group. Some days, we had up to 20 membership requests from people who had no friends in the group.
    Suddenly, the growth stopped.
    We don't know the reason why it stopped, but we also don't know why we had a period with this huge growth.

Currently, we have some days with 3-6 membership requests daily, but there are also lots of days with no requests.

So my questions are:
    Why are there these sudden growth spurts and what triggers them?

Looking forward to getting your replies :)

Roman Karlich, Aug 18, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You know there was a pandemic and lockdowns, right? and then everyone went back to work and stopped having time for groups with "no specific topic", right?

You've had fabulous growth, now you need to capitalise on all those members and give them a reason to share with their friends and get them to join.

sarahk, Aug 18, 2022 IP
  3. Wan Bo

Wan Bo Member

Best Answers:
    As Sarah said there was a pandemic in 2020 and 2021 and 2022 in not normal but better than the last two years. And people are busy earning and supporting their families. Even I also rarely visit my social account. And I just visit to check what's my friends doing.
    But there are some ways you can still improve your Facebook group. So don't be upset.
    1. Share interesting topics every day with beautiful pictures.
    2. Ask questions or vote for an interesting topic.
    3. Share a very recent viral topic that people really want to discuss.
    4. Ask your group member to invite their friends.
    5. Set group rules like after joining a group member must invite 100 members.
    6. Interact with the group member.
    Nowadays people just find useful things. As you said this is just a making friend type group then you can introduce boys with girls or girls with boys. I have joined so many of these kinds of groups and it's open. So everyone posts there to introduce themself or help post.

Wan Bo, Aug 18, 2022 IP
  4. Roman Karlich

Roman Karlich Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure, but the strange thing is, that we have also days in 2022 with up to 20 membership requests per day.
    There seems to be a certain pattern, e.g. there are weeks with very few request, then suddenly there are 6 or 7 requests, the next day there are 13 requests, then 5 requests, and then again weeks with very few requests. This is just an example, but I recognized this pattern several times since, even in 2022.
    It seems like someone (Facebook) flipps a switch and I'd like to identify the trigger for this.

5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are they real people or bot accounts?

sarahk, Aug 18, 2022 IP
  6. Roman Karlich

Roman Karlich Peon

Best Answers:
    These are all real people.
    Sometimes we have requests from bots or spammers/scammers, but we block them without any exception

7. Color.clipping

Color.clipping Peon

Best Answers:
    Consistency is the key.

Posting Consistent Content in the group and creating trust and credibility
    is first option to group success and growth

Color.clipping, Dec 1, 2022 IP
  8. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason for the increase early-on is probably directly related to more people at home. There's also the FB algorithm updates that will affect results.

Sounds like you went about building this group without a plan. Why was the group created? Why wasn't a topic around the group developed?

Random members aren't very valuable as a source of traffic or monetizable. Who knows what each one are interested in.

I'm going to build a Private FB Group for one of my niches as a community and as an added asset for when time to sell my site. I'll wait until I get X amount of traffic to my Branded site and FB Business Page, then create the Private Group and notifiy everyone from these two sources to join (so it won't be a ghost town at the beginning). They can then disscuss, Q&A, etc within my Branded FB group that are highly targeted to my niche. This in-return will send free traffic back to my website, not only increasing monthly ad reveune, but increase the sale price for the package (website/FB business page/FB group). It creates a kind of "moat" around your online business that isn't easily created by new competitors, as well as helps show you as an Authority in the niche. Not to mention it will increase signups for my newsletter(another asset).

This way will almost eliminate spammers signing up to the private group as most signups will be familiar with my Brand. Doing this will also keep people from going to search engines/competitors sites if they can get all their questions answered within my communities.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
    kjh-08, Dec 2, 2022 IP