1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I ask other website for Link Exchange?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rumana, Mar 9, 2013.

What is the exact procedure for link Exchange? Do I have to email the website owner for link exchange? And what I need to take care of while exchanging links?

Rumana, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  2. coolrohit222002

coolrohit222002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I advised you first create a link exchange section whether on your forum or on your blog.
    You do not need to email the website owner. Once you have a special section for link exchange, your next move was to build high PR on your site so other webmaster will link your site on your link exchange site.

e.g. Take a look exactly how i did mine
    http://bestblackhatforum.com/link_exchange/links.php

I just allow some webmaster to automatically link their site.
    If you can come up with an auto approve something like i did then it would be better.

coolrohit222002, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  3. cooldudell

cooldudell Member

Best Answers:
    Is it possible that some banned sites (Google Banned/other search engines banned) can also be placed and we never knew about it ?
    I mean we must be peculiar in choosing a good link which doesn't harm your own blog. Right ?

cooldudell, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  4. saqiseo

saqiseo Banned

Best Answers:
    Create a separate page where you will post other links. Also check in Google whether the site you are linking to, is good and indexed in google...

saqiseo, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  5. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should contact the other site asking for links exchange.

webcosmo, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  6. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a link exchange section in this forum, you can utilize this, it works good...

alex06295, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  7. Rumana

Rumana Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for letting me know...

Rumana, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind though, exchanging links with low PR sites can hurt you at the end. Look for the big dogs. But the thing is, the big dogs do not want any link exchange...

qwikad.com, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  9. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty simple actually, but don't waste your time with that.

GuruCreation, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  10. cooldudell

cooldudell Member

Best Answers:
    true.

cooldudell, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  11. Deceth

Deceth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You want to link exchange when your website is tiny and insignificant. If you feel like you are dead to the world, a link exchange might help. It might start things rolling in the right direction for you.

Why? Because there are billions of websites. At first, you're at the bottom of the pile with no rank or hope in the world, crushed by the infinite weight of all the others above you.

Yes, it would be great if someone high-up that pile gave you a link. But they won't. I wouldn't. Remember, right now you're insignificant. You're nothing.

But don't worry about that. Everyone is worthless at first.

... and guess what? Most websites will stay completely worthless. This is why, as a newbie, if you get a few link exchanges going, you'll make your site rank just a TINY bit better. The effort is almost completely worthless because you will only get links from other crappy insignificant worthless peon sites like yours. BUT, that's okay.

You know why? Because we're talking about billions of websites. Suddenly, that tiny almost not-worth the effort little difference, will actually boost your rank passed millions of other websites that did not ever bother to make that little difference.

... and guess what?

Now you're a slightly bigger fish. You're still mostly worthless, but not entirely scum residue on the inside of a toilet... So if you repeat the process, you can now make friends with some other mostly worthless, but not entirely scumbucket websites. And once again, it's almost not worth the effort because the difference will be an entirely almost impossible to notice change in your rank which is just enough to boost you passed another couple million websites.

So yes, exchanging links is a complete waste of time. And the more time you waste, the more likely you are to succeed because time, effort, and never giving up is how you conquer the world.

... and guess what?

You want to conquer the world.

Deceth, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  12. spider_web

spider_web Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Save the email to your drafts folder or in a folder that you can store it to use again in the future. This way you do not have to retype the email letter each time you would like to exchange links with a website.

spider_web, Mar 12, 2013 IP
  13. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Make a list of the sites you wanna exchange with. Then create a sample letter and send it to the owners of the sites. Think of the place you will put their links. Use any free backlink tool to check the presence of the links when the exchange is done. Sometimes they remove links to your site for some reason, so you need to remove your link in that case too.

But all in all it is not worth doing in my opinion. You'd better think of some natural link building.

Kianu42, Mar 12, 2013 IP