1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I add a banner?

Discussion in 'CSS' started by ronmojohny, Nov 29, 2005.

ronmojohny, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    The banner would be in your html code, not the css. You have to put your image on each of your pages. All of the sites in my sig have a banner, if you click on one you can see the code used for an example.

mdvaldosta, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  3. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, I was afraid of that.. There are 90 pages on the site. I thought css was better because you can make site-wide changes very easily.

4. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but thats for changing the styles - like text and backround colors and such. Not for html coding changes.

What I do, is build my pages in php and cut them up - separating the content from the layout. Basically, I build my page in html, then cut the header, navigation, content, and footer all up into separate files. Then I build the content file, and call the 3 other files with a php includes. That way, if you want to change the header or add navigational links you can do it in one file and it will change on all 90 pages. Too late for you to do that now, you'd have to start over. If you want to change your header (other than changing the colors or sizing of the text) then your gonna have to do it on all 90 pages.

mdvaldosta, Nov 29, 2005 IP
  5. ronmojohny

ronmojohny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the pages were all created with seochief. In the setup it has an option for using my own template, could I redo them all at once and include the banner?