1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can get traffic from twitter ? I have 2000 folowwers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by abhishekseo, Nov 9, 2009.

Please dear all give me answer for getting traffic from twitter because i have 2000 followers and every day i send them 2 or 4 links but no one traffic from twitter so please can u explain me step by step what should i do for get traffic from twitter?

abhishekseo, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  2. iwillguide

iwillguide Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter traffic helps you on SEO point

iwillguide, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  3. pdmac8

pdmac8 Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is not like a magic wand - you can't just wave your link at your followers and expect them to click it

Like everything else on the Net it has to be targetted to what the followers want and has to be appealing to them.

The best thing to do may be to stop spamming your link to them and just leave it on your home page, then write some interesting and relevant tweets and let the traffic arrive at your site organically (The way the Internet was designed to be)

pdmac8, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  4. host1plus

host1plus Peon

Best Answers:
    You have never get traffic if you send them links.. you must communicate with them, give something what they need, something free maybe.
    Ask them about them

But do not spam with links, think yourself do you click on links which you get from the same person every day ?

host1plus, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  5. nitrox

nitrox Peon

Best Answers:
    Take into account three things:
    1. Are your followers real people, or robots?
    2. If they are real people - are they all interested in a specific topic related to your links, or just a bunch of random 2000 people?
    3. If they are real people, chances are they are following other people, and don't spend 24Hrs a day in front of twitter, so most of them miss most of your links.

You need real value followers, not just big numbers. (BTW, 2000 is not that much if you take CTR into consideration).

nitrox, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  6. rajatgarg

rajatgarg Peon

Best Answers:
    What kind of messages do you send? What kind of followers do you have?

rajatgarg, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  7. MikeBMB

MikeBMB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    MikeBMB, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  8. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I have also got around 2k followers but it doesn't helps me.
    SO, if your followers are genuine only then it can help you in generating traffic.

- Digital -

Digital_shubhi, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  9. laq0811

laq0811 Peon

Best Answers:
    All your ideas are very helpful as I am very new to internet marketing and social media. Thanks for sharing. I'll keep this in mind. :)

laq0811, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  10. muwnd

muwnd Peon

Best Answers:
    How many of your 2k followers are spam bots? Bots dont on your links ;)

muwnd, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  11. LOLCat

LOLCat Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol you cant just spam your followers.

LOLCat, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  12. feelheaven

feelheaven Peon

Best Answers:
    But sending mss in twitter is good way to get traffic in twitter bcs this is ony thing you can do in twitter.

feelheaven, Nov 10, 2009 IP
  13. HHGS!

HHGS! Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose do a tweet saying "check out my website - link"

HHGS!, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  14. tmsdude

tmsdude Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on what you are trying to market you can adjust your tweets to suit that audience. For example, some arilines are using twitter to create more brand awareness for themselves. Rather than posting tweets about special deals etc, they are tweeting scenic photos of certain locations around the world, taken from the aeroplane. This means that whent they tweet a new pic, people will WANT to click on the link because they know they are going to see someting that they like (if that makes sense lol). The bottom line really, like many others have already said, is to tweet about things that will interest your followers. The interest in you or your business will natually follow.

Also try to add people manually by looking through their profile to see if they are within your target audience.Avoid using programs that add people automatically. So many people use these and all you end up with are automated accounts that will never see any of your tweets. Try and interact with people. Ask questions like "hows your day going" or ask for opinions on stuff. Twitter is a "social" site so be as sociable as you can. Social media is like the party where you meet people. The ones that are interested in you and the things you say will naturally check out your site/blog.
    OK, this essay is now over lol

Hope that helps :)

tmsdude, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  15. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have 2000 followers but if the followers are not related then you will not get much traffic to your website from twitter.

saurabhj, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  16. enkass132

enkass132 Active Member

Best Answers:
    is it true? twitter helps for SEO?

enkass132, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  17. ChristinaK

ChristinaK Peon

Best Answers:
    When I first started on Twitter I used some other offsite applications to help me find most likely people to follow me if I followed them back. Once I realized these are mostly some of the biggest Twitter spammers that would never be interested in what I was promoting I stopped adding those types. You really need to seek out your target audience if you want to eventually get traffic from your tweets. Do people searches on twitter using the keywords that you are catering to. Stop following those who have nothing to do with your industry. Its great to have alot of followers but if they will never care about anything you are discussing its kind of pointless to spend your time there.

ChristinaK, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  18. coopersPick

coopersPick Active Member

Best Answers:
    twitter is def. troublesome to gain relevant traffic one of my comp. has over 20,000 followers some how but not too many are relevant, relevant content and even than there is already a lot of spam on twitter with no good listeners to your tweets and dm's because of all the spammers.

if you care to follow me i will follow back at @cooperspick and @garagesales1

coopersPick, Nov 11, 2009 IP
  19. Skelton

Skelton Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is best resource to get traffic but you should also start to article marketing,

Skelton, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  20. turnkeyinternet

turnkeyinternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have connected my word press blog to my twitter account. Every time a member of our staff or writers places valuable information on our blog, it is sent to our twitter account. This has been great for traffic.

turnkeyinternet, Nov 13, 2009 IP