1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Are You Using Geo Targetting On Your Site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Tom Thumb, Feb 14, 2013.

Hi ,

I love the idea of Geo Targeting. I think when a Visitor sees relevant information on site , or even their country name , it personalizes their experience on site.

You can see some examples here - http://www.goalpost.tv - The Bar should show your country and link to "Football Shirts" with relevant country search and your country Flag.

I'm using Maxmind Javascript service because the API via PHP doesnt work properly with my Wordpress Caching plugin. Incorrect country reported because pages get cached.

Anyone needing any assistance getting setup with Geo Targetting - I would be glad to help out.

Cheers!

Tom Thumb, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  2. eldiablo

eldiablo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having Geo Targeting can help a lot especially if you are running real business (selling product for example) and if you have for example seasonal promotion for specific country, or for specific country Holiday...

In other case, simply listing appropriate price currency for each visitor (based on the country where visitor is coming from) helps more then having visitor changing his own currency etc...

+ to that you can always have appropriate weather reports, displaying relevant suppliers in your country and appropriate timezone and whatnot in addition. That can be really useful feature on every website, but always depending on the website...

eldiablo, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  3. JerrickYeoh

JerrickYeoh Active Member

Best Answers:
    When a company have lot of website to target different countries , geo targeting become very useful so you won't get mess up with your visitors and customers data .
    When we do marketing we do need those data to help you make decision but if your traffic is full of others countries data , it might mess up your decision making . So is better to do geo targeting.

JerrickYeoh, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  4. Tom Thumb

Tom Thumb Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for feedback. Anyone got any practical examples of doing this? Just curious to see what others are doing?

Tom Thumb, Feb 15, 2013 IP