1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How are you building links?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Jonathan Wood, Nov 7, 2016.

1. marcko92

marcko92 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should build backlink from high PR page, use social network promote ur site to get more traffic, beside, you can create some web 2.0 to promote main site.

marcko92, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  2. VISUS

VISUS Peon

Best Answers:
    Here on DigitalPoint is any thread special for selling and buying links, articles etc? Thank you.

VISUS, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  3. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    I've created one site before where many regular visitors came, but I've never tried to make money off of the internet, so far.
    Truth be told, I'd say that my one great failure in life (so far) has been that I'm not financially independent at my age (48).
    (I'm just a hobbyist web guy in my free time.)

GjB, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  4. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use fiverr and outsource link building to reputed fiverr sellers plus do it myself.

dumindushalika, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  5. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, being a hobbyist isn't the best mindset, it just isn't serious enough and will show in your website content. People spend their lives trying website ideas (and that's being kind about this) - trying doesn't cut it, doesn't fool anyone as people are wise to what is good and what isn't. The problem is the web is a 'free for all' trap where failure is one step away.

Even with a good idea, the difficulty is to get websites promoted and enough for visibility to generate awareness/popularity for the chance to make money. Most will fail.

Before I found the secret, I realised the web wasn't about sales or making money - its about providing information, and was originally meant as an education resource, but later developed into
    various scambait sites, and then onto Corporate advertising where companies jumped all over it - then the big crash happened. Even with a good idea, it will be a struggle to accelerate it to
    the point of critical mass link-wise, never mind hopes of large revenue - this just isn't possible with 1.3 million of sites today, instead everyone 'thinks' its easy and make the same basic mistakes, still
    making them year after year, which is due to the misinformation or noise still housed on the many blogs etc - that is the problem.

With 1.3 million of crap sites (in the UK), its understandably impossible for many to make any money at all - but if the crap was removed, this would resolve the issue a great deal, but would still be tough for many. Those 1.3 will be chancers, scammers and dreamers who will never make it, instead plugging up the web with junk, which makes searching time consuming for the public.
    You'd be surprised how much time it takes to find suppliers, even using 3 engines, by the time you get a list, drill down to a manageable amount to contact, the time for each call etc - you're looking at
    3 days to a week perhaps until it gets to an order for many types of goods and services.

Most advertising doesn't fail, its just many advertisers pull their ads and don't give it a chance for results to happen, as they don't realise that buyers don't buy instantly, as time is needed to contemplate purchases, especially with high priced items eg: a sofa, TV etc can take days to make a purchase.

The web is a time-heavy place for decision making, content production, advert response, popularity build up and acceleration to happen - it takes years to build everything up from links to reputation -
    this rarely happens within a 12 month period, unless an exceptional site idea is born and gets investment. Ok, maybe that's too high a level for most to be involved with, but its a lesson in business for sure.

That lesson is unless you have a unique idea, forget about the web or business. You either need that great idea and be able to promote it, or very deep pockets of endless cash to throw at an ordinary idea, which that 1.3 million haven't got and will never have.

Web_Shark, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    GjB likes this.
  6. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with a lot of this, yes. Being a hobbyist is OK for anyone wanting to be a hobbyist blogger or webmaster, but yes it's an unproductive mindset for those wanting to make money online.
    Feel free to critique my hobby site in my sig, if you like. Then you can understand why I daren't call myself anything but a hobbyist. (I'm challenged when it comes to design, I guess.)

GjB, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  7. pickapuppy

pickapuppy Member

Best Answers:
    Guest posting on all kinds of sites that your demographic is interested in. If you have not receive an email back then move on the the next site. There are plenty of high ranking sites out there. Contact me if you have any articles about pets, i will post it on my blog and link back to you.

pickapuppy, Dec 23, 2016 IP
  8. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Its not a bad blog - nice and clean looking, but low on content. I suppose you could carry on with it, but it will require vast content to make it fly.

A better idea would be to do the blog advice thing using YouTube (Vlogging) - Youtube is a free account, so no hosting costs to worry about, plus you can easily monitise your vids with adverts. and vlogs is where its at, it will save on typing too. Check out some Youtubers https://www.youtube.com/user/NCIXcom - they make serious money by serving adverts on their popular videos. The views that each video gets and the amount of subscribers a youtube account gets, all count towards its popularity, and that means money - so if you can make good videos, your channel may be successful. I'm not an expert Youtuber, but in website terms, my sites equal the mid-level youtubers, so I know about promotion.

So you could transfer your written blog to YouTube videos, and have quite a few videos uploaded in a few days, people will notice this and you may get some start-up subscribers to begin with. Zoella began
    with a written blog and now look at her - she ranks with 11 million subscribers, second only to Adele.. Its free, apart from a webcam eg: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 - about £59.99

Web_Shark, Dec 23, 2016 IP
    GjB likes this.
  9. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    I hear you 100%. I'm actually a bit of a chicken. I bought 2 cameras, tripods, etc. over the past almost 3 years, and I'm 90% finished on a computer related video, which was supposed to be my first. (I stopped about a year ago but told myself to get it done in this holiday). I'm well aware of YouTube and its potential. I subscribe to about 6 successful car YouTubers, and I totally understand how being a YouTuber is a great way to go if you have the personality for it. I know we shouldn't make excuses. I'm 48, so I don't naturally have the confidence or score the points that I used to. But, that's the challenge.. The original idea was to have my old site which generated 500 visitors a day (not many I know), and steer them to my YouTube channel (if I'd made one).

So, it's good to hear you tell me what I've been telling myself to do for ages. We usually need a theme, and computers is a passion, but I don't want to make a bunch of videos about them. My theme might be about life, middle-age, ups and downs, challenges, etc. But as we both know, it all just starts by making the content and being consistent and doing our best.

I appreciate your input. I like to be told how it is, and not gloss coat everything, so yeah, cheers. Have a good one.

ps. I've known about NCIX and many other popular computer related YouTubers for years, yes. I have the C920, too.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
    GjB, Dec 23, 2016 IP
  10. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I'm not the best Youtuber either, but its not about being the best speaker, far from it - its about being entertaining,
    and having the right content that interests people. Ok, granted there's lots of computer tubers, but most won't have your technical expertise, so you can plug this gap surely.

After pondering your vlog ideas about life and the middle age man - its limited content-wise so I wouldn't suggest that subject matter, so if not the computer advice vlog, then maybe a daily life thing instead.
    It would be a crime if you didn't do the vlogging, since you splashed the cash on 2 cameras, and its quite fun since I've been doing it - and that is the secret I guess is to just have fun and enjoy it.

Personally, the PewDiePie, Smosh's of the world amaze me with their following, considering their contribution to society isn't search related - which leads me to believe its just interest in someone's life, coupled with an attachment to these 'stars' which is a bit scary.... I never thought that my websites get the attention they get, but just about to hit 1 million visitors for my 2nd site, ended up featured in the
    National media and won 9 business awards so far, 17 accolades total and its great fun as I learnt so much about the business world, both the good and bad.

Its a serious rush and ride, so glad I took the risk.

Web_Shark, Dec 24, 2016 IP
    GjB likes this.
  11. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    It's nice to agree with someone on almost everything they say, for a change. Yes, the daily blog has been an idea I consider. When I'm in the mood I know it's doable. When you get to my age you see your father in your own mannerisms. I love my father, but wouldn't want to necessarily watch or listen to him on YouTube. Anyway, these are excuses. I know better than to hide behind them.

For your channel, did you (without giving it away) create a catchy name? I've considered less serious type names or words, possibly even slightly comical/derogatory, because ultimately I can't take myself seriously, my lifestyle is ridiculously down to earth nowadays (live near Tokyo, no car, small apartment, etc., very different from how it has been on occasion.) What camera do you use, or more so what do you use to hold the camera up? I know many people 'copy' Casey's style Gorilla pod thing to hold up their camera. Me and my girlfriend were looking at a decent umbrella handle type selfie stick recently, which would make vlogging easier. My cameras are the not popular JVC GC-PX100, and the more so popular Canon G7X Mark II. The latter would spend most time on the selfie stick, I expect.

Are your sites related to or benefitting from YouTube? If not, how are they related to business and/or considered successful? That sounds like you are in a nice position to be in.

GjB, Dec 25, 2016 IP
  12. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:

The intention of my channel was originally a branded one for my sites, but recently changed it to I guess, a more catchy name and its a general channel about my life as an entrepreneur, injected
    with a few other bits here. I use the basics to get the job done eg: Logitech C170 cam, which does the job, although will upgrade to the HD Pro Webcam C920 as this is the one every youtuber seems to use
    and clips onto the monitor nicely, as does my C170, although there is a staggering difference in picture quality between the two - so the C920 is the choice for that pro look.

Yes, the G7X Powershot is a good one, again highly popular with Youtubers.

There's mini desk-tripods - and you can pay upto and beyond £150 for the large tripods, unfortunately my last one broke, the legs wouldn't tighten and it collapsed - but was only £16 or something from Dixons.

My sites definitely don't benefit from YouTube, but my channel is so small with a few videos, I'm not surprised. One tuber has been doing it for 2 years and has 33k subs, so he's doing well, although his audience is just teenagers, as I suspect are most tubers these days. My channel isn't my main traffic driver, as my main site is a search engine, so traffic generation is pretty easy actually, while getting paid advertisers is much more tricky, and can be anything from very tough to near impossible for too many sites.

My sites aren't profit generators yet, but basically I'm ranked No 1, for venue search in the Uk (unfortunately not International level yet) - as needs more work before I can sell to advertisers. Been doing this for 11 years, and during this time, set up 8 websites, some test sites, others a bit more serious, although only 2 were successful - so it shows just how darn tough this is to succeed, as the uneducated just don't know.

I won 2 more business awards for 2016, so its heading in the right direction, just slow to get it where I want to be, but its better to take things slowly and slot things into place bit by bit, and not to take too many risks, although I shelled out far too much on the wrong site (a directory) and am into this by about £30k so far.

Web_Shark, Dec 26, 2016 IP
    GjB likes this.
  13. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    You certainly sound busy, focused and motivated. I'm kind of obsessed in my blog and basically trying to improve and evolve in various ways. It's the holiday period, and it's 3AM here right now. So, I'll sleep soon. I think not even women could distract me as much as my computer does. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

So many famous people passed away this year. A constant reminder that it's all temporary, and there's no time like the present.

GjB, Dec 27, 2016 IP
  14. Bechvech

Bechvech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey buddies..
    Have you high pr classified sites for my indian business????
    please give list here.. i am waiting

Bechvech, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  15. K Padmapriya

K Padmapriya Member

Best Answers:
    link building refers to the process of getting external pages to link to a page on your website.

K Padmapriya, Nov 7, 2017 IP
  16. shaun-m

shaun-m Member

Best Answers:
    I used to use mass automation but recently changed my stratergy as real time penguin and whatever Fred did have made it so much harder these days. I currently use manually created pages with 100% unique human content and it seems to be going well.

shaun-m, Nov 7, 2017 IP
  17. Bechvech

Bechvech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes you are right dear

Bechvech, Nov 8, 2017 IP
  18. Bechvech

Bechvech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    but right now i need a list of high pr and DA sites...

Bechvech, Nov 8, 2017 IP
  19. Braingroom

Braingroom Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, friends I Need one Help My website have More than 3000 pages i need to generate a sitemap for free if any tool is avalible?

Braingroom, Nov 8, 2017 IP
  20. Bechvech

Bechvech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    google it ...too many websites available and it is free of cost...

Bechvech, Nov 9, 2017 IP