1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Are Poor Quality Directory Sites Are Messing Things Up For the Rest of Us?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by msafi2, Aug 8, 2012.

Before I even started learning about directories, I did other IM and SEO related things. I clear saw how spammers messed things up with other types of sites (article directories for instance) and took a really good thing--a great means by which people could easily market their website--and turned it into crap. I have seen perfectly legitimate sites suffer because of shady and thoughtless practices. So many people are so worried about making a quick buck by doing things the fastest and easiest way possible that they don't bother to think what effect they are having on others. :mad:

They also end up hurting their self by wasting time and energy that would be better spent at making a sincere effort to create a quality site. This seems especially true with directory owners and I just want to provide a place here where experienced people who have been working with directories for a while can list what the bad practices are and what negative effects they have on others.

msafi2, Aug 8, 2012 IP
  2. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    Well poor directory is a wide term as for as my view is concerned e.g
    1)Those which accept any kind of spammy junk and do not raise there hand for keyboard to edit the listing.
    2)Those who buy pr some how and than there pr disappear in next update(mentioning it because most of people now a days submit on looking to pr)
    3)Those directories which are purely made for adsense.
    4)Those directories who run affiliates on it without any signaficant reputation in the directory market.
    5)Those who are running it as a hobby and obviously most of them are making link farms.
    6)And At the last those which appear for some weeks, months and than washes away from the surface of the web (no one knows why they do it ;) )

Now there affect on good web directories...
    1)Creates fear in the market about directories and hence deserving good directories suffer.
    2)Creates a critic reason for the anti directory groups by showing you the above mentioned directories as example.
    3)You and get less visitors and there interest because of the fear.
    4)People starts doubting on the good directories even, because of the fly by night directories reputation.
    5)And the last point and main point is that DIRECTORY MARKET IS GETTING HELL AFFECTED DUE TO THE PRESENCE OF SUCH BADLY REPUTED DIRECTORIES AND THUS THE ANTI DIRECTORY GROUPS ARE TAKING A GREAT ADVANTAGE FROM THIS AND THIS THREAD IS A PROOF FOR THAT.

arshid, Aug 9, 2012 IP
  3. msafi2

msafi2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for taking the time to make this list. This really provides some clarification for people like me who are still new and learning about directories and exactly how to set one up the right way.

msafi2, Aug 9, 2012 IP