1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Adsense Works

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by xwildhtdx, Jul 26, 2005.

Hello, I am new to Google Adsense and im trying to figure out how it decided how much i get per click. Some times i get .20 a click and others only .05.

xwildhtdx, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  2. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. The amount you get per click is determined by how much the advertiser is willing to pay per click. Minus what Google keeps for themselves - they don't tell how much.

Googles76, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  3. Lynn Terry

Lynn Terry Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Adsense is directly related to Google Adwords, which is a Pay-Per-Click system that merchants use to advertise. They place a bid for how much they will pay for each click, and then sit back and let the search engines and content publishers drive traffic to them.

You are the content publisher. Every time someone clicks on an ad on your pages, two things happen: the merchant pays Google for the click (based on what he bid), and Google gives you a percentage of what he paid. No one knows what that percentage is.

Obviously, more competitive markets will have higher payouts because the merchants must bid higher to compete with each other for good ad placement.

Hope that helps.

Lynn Terry, Jul 26, 2005 IP
  4. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly what I said in my line and a bit:D

BTW, welcome to DP Xwildhtdx. Looks like you have a lot to learn. Just start searching the forum and reading. This forum has everything you could possibly want to know.

Googles76, Jul 26, 2005 IP