1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Accurate Is Google Analytics?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by Aaron111, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max pain

max pain Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Aaron I would suggest you try out one of them at a time ;) - as they tend to increase your page-load time...

Stick with analytics for the time being - say for about 15 days and then for experimenting use some other service for next 15.... that way you can compare the results..

max pain, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  2. stickysnail

stickysnail Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure I want to mess with google analytics.

stickysnail, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  3. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Max Pain thats good info I figured jamming tons of code into my site could be a bad thing" moreover to your customers especially a slow site could be a bad thing you never know how slow everyones pc is on the other hand were talking about a good topic by the way".

also max Pain as a inclusion not to disrupt the post" in the code as far as titles are concerned," is naming the title and the description the same o'kay or not" any info is fine" or should they be separate from one another?

Aaron111, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  4. iMarketingGuru

iMarketingGuru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Analytics is so-so accurate. There are certain stats you can't see when using analytics. Be sure to use your server stats software as well as a real-time tracker. After the use of these two software systems, be sure to add in the use of analytics. I like to obsessively track my stats via analytics, awstats and clicktracks as well as visitorville. These are all excellent tools and should be used as the non-visually satisfying data for stats.

iMarketingGuru, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  5. max pain

max pain Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I hope i got ur question correctly... its a bit confusing.. the way you have put it..

"Title" and "Description" can be same but its not advisable to have them that way... just think of it this way - when you view a search result - you see th title first and then read the description... and if they are the same you might just overlook it.. instead if the description "details" the title, then it becomes more interesting and there you have a unique visitor ;)

max pain, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  6. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    max pain
    are you saying the title should not be the same as the description" It sounds like it" so for a unique visitor to arise the title and description should not be the same correct"

Aaron111, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  7. ajsa52

ajsa52 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. You can use only analytics, and then use a software program to analyze you server .log files. And then compare against analytics.

ajsa52, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  8. max pain

max pain Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats correct... FYI I am assuming you are speaking about tags here (I may be wrong in assuming, so if I am plz let me know)

max pain, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  9. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    perfect
    Thank You"

Aaron111, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  10. fedoras

fedoras Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use analytics and awstats and the results are not the same. I think the number of visitors for me is something between analytics and awstats.

fedoras, Jul 1, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.