1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How a non-us citizen can get a utility bill?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by GeorgeMA, Jun 21, 2015.

Hello,

As the title says, I'm non-us citizen staying for a month in the united states and want to get a utility bill in order to open a business bank account. The bank doesn't want to open the account because they need me to bring a utility bill. Is there any possible and fast way to get a utility bill?

Replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

GeorgeMA, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  2. cerno

cerno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your business is a corporation the bank is less worried about your personal address, you could file for corporation before your visit. When the government accepts your address the bank is less likely to argue about address.

Not all banks require a utility bill, small banks have much more difficult requirements regarding address. I was turned down at small bank recently because I just moved and setup new corporation. I went to Bank of America few minutes later and they opened account no problem. Hopefully you have a friends home address you can use for your home address. You can use home address for business address or rent a mailbox for business. If you rent room in a house you will never have a utility bill, just explain this if they ask.

Good Luck

cerno, Jun 21, 2015 IP