1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How a Inner page rank high than home page?

Discussion in 'Google' started by skseofleet, Mar 9, 2012.

1. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep it's all about backlinks to a page, and often inner pages can have more higher quality links.

lightlysalted, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  2. josefaryan

josefaryan Member

Best Answers:
    No matter about home page or inner page. The page rank is depends on the popularity/reputation of the website/page. That means the inner page you are telling have more no. of quality dofollow backlinks then the home page.

josefaryan, Mar 13, 2012 IP
  3. turkishhomes

turkishhomes Peon

Best Answers:

Ok thanks, but I already have an understanding of what PR and the web are.

The point of my first posting concerned the inner pages not linking back to the home page.The difference of opinion is in whether PR will flow from a link from an inner page to the home page. To be honest I can't see anything in your reply which explains why it would not.

Google do say that webmasters shouldn't be obsessed by PR because it is no longer the main ranking factor, and they do say that toolbar PR is only a snapshot in time and as it is
    continuously updated this published figure is out of date as soon as it appears. But they tell users of their toolbar:
    "Pause your cursor over the PageRank button to display the importance of the webpage you're viewing, according to Google.
    Webpages with a higher PageRank are more likely to appear at the top of Google search results."
    Google's browsers are their customers, so I am taking it that they are not deliberately misinforming them.

And to quote their Technology Overview:
    "Today we use more than 200 signals, including PageRank, to order websites, and we update these algorithms on a weekly basis."

What is confusing here is that on the one hand it seems you are advising people to read what they say, but on the other you are contradicting what they do say. They are clearly stating that PR is a factor, yet you are saying they don't use it.
    Matt Cutts does say in a video that they are not really interested in toolbar PR because it is just a periodic publication of what they are doing all the time, but that isn't the same as saying they are not interested in PR per sey. In fact it suggests quite the opposite, because why would they be continuously updating something they weren't interested in it and had no use for?

I have no reason to doubt your credentials but with respect I don't know who you are, but I do know who SEOmoz and Google are.

turkishhomes, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  4. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any page can rank higher than home provided there is suffient link juice being passed AND ENOUGH QUALITY LINKS. Things like blogs inside a webpage can rank higher

mchrest, Mar 14, 2012 IP