1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

houseofwaffles.com

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by nickberry, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Okay the basic directory is up, if there is a description you would like for a specific category use the contact form and I'll change it, also until I get the submit category fixed for regular users use the contact form for any desired categories or sub-categories. Also if you request a category please include a description of it.

the url is www.houseofwaffles.com

Just register and you'll be able to submit your Listing. None of the info is required for the listings but appreciated. Verification will take up to 72 hours at this point so please be patient.

just looked over the submit form and forgot to mention meta keywords and descriptions are available. if you select a premium listing I will change it during verification unless you use the contact form to request one, and I will send you the link to my paypal form ;) Don't forget the category on the very bottom of the form or i'll have to do it manually and take even more time.

the website also now features search engine friendly URLs. Instead of the dynamic url the system I selected uses it now uses a friendlier format.

nickberry, Dec 7, 2004 IP
    infonote likes this.
  2. nickberry

nickberry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For being the first user submitted listing accepted, researchtechs.com has earned a free lifetime premium listing on houseofwaffles.com including page sponsor and weblink.

nickberry, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  3. gchaney

gchaney Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about you, but the domain name sure makes me hungry!

gchaney, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  4. Lucky Bastard

Lucky Bastard Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I get one of those? :cool:
    I've submitted to the shopping category (should be placed under a "Gifts" subcategory I suggest)

Lucky Bastard, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  5. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    I submitted my site as well.

david_sakh, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  6. braknews

braknews Peon

Best Answers:
    I have submitted too.

Thanks

braknews, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  7. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you accept non englisch sites too?

stephaneggy, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  8. nickberry

Best Answers:
    I'm working on the terms of use, but yes I'll accept non-english websites.

nickberry, Dec 8, 2004 IP
  9. nickberry

Best Answers:
    Well after three days of it being live I've had 14 links added, and I've got a total of 63 categories, the plan is to add on full DMOZ category daily. And so far so good. Also you don't have to submit your site only, submit any site you think is pertinant to the categories.

thanks
    nick

nickberry, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  10. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i have absolutely no idea what i just did...either i registered and submitted...or i did it twice....or no one knows :(
    what on earth is 'mambo'?
    that has to be one of the most undesirable signups i have witnessed so far...
    did i manage to actually submit anything??
    GEM

Solicitors Mortgages, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  11. ResearchTechs

ResearchTechs Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitted, thanks for offering the directory

ResearchTechs, Dec 9, 2004 IP
  12. Dji-man

Dji-man Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks, I submitted my sites.

Dji-man, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  13. nickberry

Best Answers:
    You registered, and submitted. Mambo is the CMS system I use to manage my websites. including houseofwaffles.com
    I've never had any complaints prior to this, what in particular issues did you have with signup?

nickberry, Dec 10, 2004 IP
  14. nickberry

Best Answers:
    okay since people are not submitting as fast as I hoped i'm going to open the submission to anyone, no longer is registration required to submit a link, submit away!

nickberry, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  15. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm with S.M. I have no idea if my submission was accepted. There are so many fields shown that look like only the administrator should have access to. Very strange and not worth the time to figure out. If you make the process straight forward and user friendly, you might get a lot more entries.

mopacfan, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  16. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    This is one of the things I experimented with in this directory -->Kwik Goblin - I was going to add additional fields including email but just stayed with the basics (4 Fields). This directory received a ton more submissions I think BECAUSE of ease of use.

The only drawback with no email field is notification of acceptance. Every request is decided on within 8 hours (usually under an hour) as a short term but I think an email field will be added at a leter date.

Google was succesfull at first due to simplicity vs. Yahoos confusing cluttered pages.

My 2 cent.

----
    Nick - I notice you have 20 entries (I found it too confusing myself). Just to give you an idea on how simplicity helps...I've had nearly 175 non spam entries in 24 hours. I would be curious how others fare after an announcement.

yfs1, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  17. zez

zez Peon

Best Answers:
    I have submitted my sites, thanks....

zez, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  18. nickberry

Best Answers:
    I apologize to anyone who was confused with the submission process. I changed the submission form. I forget that not everyone else uses mambo and knows what those other forms are. I'm also changing the how to submit a website page to further explain the process. It's fairly simple now, put in the title, your url, intro text(a bit about your website) meta tags if you'd like them, and what category it belongs in. If you don't select a category I will select it for you and it may be incorrect.

You will only recieve notification if you have not been accepted and the reason why will be explained in the email. Again I'm sorry, this is a learning process for me.

nickberry, Dec 14, 2004 IP
  19. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Its a bit better now but I would offer two more criticisms

1.) Why do you have people go to a category and then hit submit a url if it doesn't prepopulate the category you are submitting to (you have to choose it off a long list)

2.) I hate having to scroll left to right. I haven't seen a site that required you to scroll that way in a long time. Maybe its the adsense thats throwing your width off

yfs1, Dec 15, 2004 IP
  20. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    I'd change mosdirectory to 2 columns if i were you nickberry.
    It does throw the layout off considerably.

yfs1 - If I'm not mistaken, you can select multiple categories, but hey, defaulting to current category would be handy.

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, Dec 15, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.