1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hotmail trade on sale: Buy now

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by sharma.gaurav, Jan 3, 2015.

News which almost every domain buyer want to know, So many times in the past domain sale out for $millions$ and i think its going to repeat as Hotmail.trade is on auction, I just saw it on flippa, I think people will bid high for it or will contact domain owner directly using domain lookup, good to book demanding domains whats say? Please share your opinions.

sharma.gaurav, Jan 3, 2015 IP
  2. vivaldi

vivaldi Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to say but there is no way in hell you getting rich on this. I can't put links on here but of course there is a trademark on Hotmail. Would ask for refund if still possible if you want to save your money.

vivaldi, Jan 3, 2015 IP
    moonwalker likes this.
  3. musafir512

musafir512 Member

Best Answers:
    I'm Sure there will be Copyright issue on " Hotmail " later.. So Better try to sell it on small market for domains like ebay even at your cost. because on ebay i'm sure you will get buyer for this domain. But May be you will not get much profit.

musafir512, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    because everyone wants to have a legal wrangle with Microsoft, right?

BTW buy direct: @chetanbali

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    sarahk, Jan 5, 2015 IP
    moonwalker and wisdomtool like this.
  5. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lukey372, Jan 5, 2015 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @sharma.gaurav What is your relationship with @chetanbali? dupe account? you've bought and trying to onsell?

upload_2015-1-7_8-52-35.png

If you do your research on Aimswebtech who own the domain you'll find they have privacy turned on

Their website is an odd mix of English and Dutch which was unexpected when the both users appear to be from India.

upload_2015-1-7_9-1-57.png

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    sarahk, Jan 6, 2015 IP
  7. sharma.gaurav

sharma.gaurav Member

Best Answers:
    No copy right issues, No one can stop buying and selling any domain to anyone for any domain.
    search domains hot domains like google, facebook, yahoo, youtube etc. they buy all the extensions for their domains so that none of their competitors able to book their domains, by mistake hotmail forget to book hotmail.trade so i got chance to buy a domain and now want to sell.
    go and look @ in the past big brands buy domains in millions, why they are paying in millions if such risk involved.
    I am very good friend of chetanbali(owner of the domain), so i am posting for him, anyone can directly contact him.

sharma.gaurav, Jan 8, 2015 IP
  8. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's two things wrong with this statement here first of all "by mistake hotmail forget to book hotmail.trade so i got chance to buy a domain and now want to sell." So you are the owner of the domain but then you claim "I am very good friend of chetanbali(owner of the domain), so i am posting for him, anyone can directly contact him." So which is it?

Also you're wrong yet again. If I were to buy facebook.trade for example I'm sure Facebook would send a cease request, I have seen it happen to Domains all the time, they legally own the trademark "hotmail" so if I were to buy this domain I would get screwed and probably sued by them.

lukey372, Jan 8, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It seems the OP has been disingenuous - he's buddies with @chetanbali and hoping to drive some traffic to flippa. So his "I just saw it on flippa" was a blatant lie. Bear that in mind if you ever plan to do business with him.

sarahk, Jan 9, 2015 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  10. sharma.gaurav

sharma.gaurav Member

Best Answers:
    Please read an article carefully so that you both can increase your knowledge a bit
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/000118/1443242.shtml
    In past hotmail forget to renew passport.com and hotmail.co.uk so other buy and sell it to microsoft.
    There is no such guidelines in buying/selling domains, Anyone can buy any domain and use it accordingly.

sharma.gaurav, Jan 12, 2015 IP
  11. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh sure, you know I haven't been marketing or anything on the internet for 5 years or anything and I obviously know nothing about copyright working for an ISP here in AUS.
    I'm saying if you purchase anything with a copyright trademark in the name the company can come after you and send you a cease notice. It isn't me who needs to brush up on their knowledge it is you who needs to brush up on their knowledge.

Trade mark infringement
    Please see IP Australia's website on "What must be proven to enforce your IP". In summary, the domain name would generally need to be sufficiently similar to cause confusion with the trade mark.

Domain name disputes
    Domain names also have specific dispute resolution processes that are often used by trade mark holders to gain control of a domain name held by a cybersquatter or other third-party that they assert is in breach of domain name registration rules.

For example, .com and similar domain name disputes generally follow the ICANN Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP). UDRP disputes consider whether:
    (i) your domain name is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark or service mark in which the complainant has rights; and
    (ii) you have no rights or legitimate interests in respect of the domain name; and
    (iii) your domain name has been registered and is being used in bad faith.

For .au domain names, the auDA relies on auDRP, which is similar to the UDRP.
    If you're looking for some light reading, the WIPO UDRP Panel Decisions website is a good resource for researching decisions to better understand how the UDRP is applied in practice.

Please know what you're talking about before you go and tell me to "increase my knowledge". But you know you must surely know what you're talking about after reading one article.

I've also sent hotmail an email regarding the purchase of this domain and I've contacted flippa also.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    lukey372, Jan 12, 2015 IP
    moonwalker and malky66 like this.
  12. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lukey372, Jan 12, 2015 IP