1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hotmail giving cold shoulder to Google

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by schlottke, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    Quelle surprise!

Literally

What a surprise! :D

But businesswise correct - cold calling is spam is it not? :)

Foxy, Jun 16, 2004 IP
  2. expat

expat Stranger from a far land

Best Answers:
    well all the "free" e-mail account givers have to sort out their policies to prevent spam and verify that the person requesting the account is actually the person at the address they say they are.

In the UK and Europe one can actually mow take serious action against ISP's and providers under spam regulations.

MSN is presently working hard to make sure they actually start to know precisely who send which mail.

Thus it will not surprise me if mail to and from "free" providers will become even more dodgy.

Potential referenced to e-mail - free - special - offer - new etc within the text of a mail can easily trigger agressive spam filters.

I find that particularly hotmail is very unreliable delivery platform - not due to MSN but due to being clogged up with spam or not cleared by users - we have to phone a lot of hm cutomers if we experience problems with deliveries etc as their hm accounts simply bounce due to being full.

I haven't followed g-mail but I wonder what will prevent it from becomming a a gigantic spam repository.
    M

expat, Jun 16, 2004 IP