1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hotlinking Protection - Urgent!!

Discussion in 'Security' started by phattrance, May 28, 2014.

Hi!

im looking for two kind of hotlink protection codes for my GIF blog ( http://gifsec.com/ )
    Its getting tons of reddit shares and completely kills my servers bandwidth. Only the last 24 reddit used over 1TB bandwidth on 2 images.

1: Is it possible to do a hotlink protection so that ONLY one specific domain cannot hotlink my images? Like reddit.com

i still want google and other smaller blogs to hotlink my images, but not the big ones since im using GIF images only and the big sites drain my bandwidth.

2: I would like to have a script for hotlinking protection for images on all blogs and pages EXCEPT search engines like google (all google urls) and bing etc. i still want search engines to access my images

i also would like to have an option to display a image when someone hotlinks like "hotlinkprotected.jpg"

phattrance, May 28, 2014 IP
  2. xXxpert

xXxpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    xXxpert, May 28, 2014 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Another suggestion would of course also be to get a decent server/host-package. Btw, even with Reddit-shares, how the f*ck do you reach 1TB b/w on a GIF-image (or serveral) - it should be a few kBytes each.

PoPSiCLe, Jun 16, 2014 IP