1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hotelscombined is a Scam

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by etc, Jul 3, 2013.

1. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, I got another payment last month and will surely get another one in may. To contact them and to expect a quick response, use their twitter account, always get an ansswer within 48 hours.

IG2010, Mar 10, 2017 IP
  2. mga

mga Peon

Best Answers:
    As an affiliate I tend to promote offers that pay per sale or rev-share to avoid these issues. That being said, from what I read here, the way Hotelscombined runs their affiliate program is not up to par. Most companies set a lead cap for new affiliates to evaluate quality, and regardless of lead quality they paid for all the leads that came in the testing period. If after the test period they don't like the quality of your leads they just cancel, or move you to a pay per sale. Not having clear rules and just bringing up lead quality when payments are due, it's not the best business practice...

mga, Mar 20, 2017 IP
  3. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny that some people comes around and just unload their crap being "so called expert" but yet what they say just proves that they haven't got a clue how a lead works, read their terms...

IG2010, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  4. mga

mga Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep I didn't mean they are doing something that's not in their terms. I'm just saying that as an affiliate I wouldn't promote something with those terms.
    There's CPA networks that offer much better terms for CPL programs.

mga, Mar 21, 2017 IP
  5. Thomas Paylor

Thomas Paylor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know the last comment on this thread is a few months ago but I wanted to share my experience as a Hotels Combined Affiliate. I was in love with this affiliate program for the first month. The “pay per lead” model was perfect for my niche travel blog. Unfortunately, as time went on, they reduced my “cost per lead” significantly without any data showing me how many of my leads had converted. I went from $0.70 per lead in month 1 to $0.40 per lead in month 2 and $0.25 per lead in month 3. I have split tested the search widgets with Booking.com and I can see the leads are converting with Booking.com, so find it strange that my cost per lead is dropping significantly.

Thomas Paylor, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  6. yrou

yrou Peon

Best Answers:
    hotelcombined is A scam :
    After 2 to three months I have little to finally set up a comparison application of hotels so I think and I know that a user of play store Is a prospect of great value because it has to search between thousands of application and download open the application and start the search so after if it has not converted....!!!!????
    so Well after my part i make effort for my application arrives in the first position i work the designe the aso the webview....Finally it starts to give fruit and I begin to have in the 5 to 9 euro per day of which I reached 100 euro I received this mail
    Dear Yassir
    We review all affiliate accounts regularly, looking at information provided by our compared suppliers (booking websites), mainly monitoring conversion of leads to bookings. This data is important as it determines how much revenue we make and also how much we can pay out to our affiliate partners.
    During a recent review, we noticed an issue with the traffic being generated from your site(s). Specifically, we looked at over 100 leads tracked through your account since January 2017 and found that not a single lead converted into booking revenue for our compared suppliers.
    Although our program is a “pay per lead” model, we require that a certain portion of your users generate booking revenue for our compared suppliers. This is clearly stated in our AFFILAIAT.... and in the AFFILAT PORTALE
    Because your users have generated no revenue for HotelsCombined or for our compared partner booking sites, your account has been permanently expired from our program. As per our AFFILIATE AGREMENT (Clause 11), any outstanding commission owing will be withheld.
    Our affiliate support team remains at your disposal if you have any questions or would like to discuss this matter further.
    Regards
    Alicia - Affiliate Partner Support
    I answered Hello I explained everything I said no answer from the least of the chause to answer after if on 10 affiliate there is only one that is pay it is a SCAM

yrou, Jul 15, 2017 IP
  7. bashar azzam

bashar azzam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hello
    i have a problem with
    Hotels Combined Affiliate Program
    before two month and half they closed my account and when i contact with them
    they didnt give me a real reason!!

and i shown to him every document they asked for it
    and they told me (we will review your account )
    and now after two and hald month
    i didnt receive anything
    i just want to say it's really fake company
    my advise to every one to keep away from this company
    i need from them more than 4232 usd and they dont want to give me my money
    but i will talk to lawyer about this fake company!!
    My Affiliate ID 204434

https://ibb.co/cfs8jq

bashar azzam, Nov 22, 2018 IP
  8. planck

planck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you also in the health niche?

planck, Nov 22, 2018 IP
  9. aussie aussie

aussie aussie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to all the user who share their experience and information regarding the hotelcombined scam. I am a new user but after reading the bunch of negative feedback its better to stay away from hotelcombined. I will remove the links from my website.

aussie aussie, Nov 25, 2018 IP
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you change your affiliate tracking link and sales stop counting that is NOT good business. You stated you "analyzed" his traffic and nothing converted. Wouldn't that mean you still track via the tracking link that changed and no longer tracks? Why wouldn't an affiliate get credit for their referrals? Can you clarify on this? Perhaps the original poster is mistaken and you may want to confirm that you haven't changed the tracking link?

NetStar, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  11. planck

planck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the use cookies that expire after a certain period.
    Amazon cookies expire after 90days.
    Once, expired, it doesn't matter whether you still have third-party tracking links or not.

planck, Dec 4, 2018 IP