1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hot new niche: wearables and smartwatches

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Happster, Jan 15, 2014.

Hi Everyone,

I decided to share some ideas and get your feedback/experience about hot and trending niche - wareables and smartwatches.
    We all know S.Jobs's favorite, Wayne Gretzky old saying : A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.
    Wearables and smartwatches are new quickly rising market area , which will be huge within next couple of years. According to CBC Google is planning to sell more than 4 million wearable glasses at price of $500. Wearable devices (smartwatches, glasses and others) are expected to surpass $4billion sales in 2014...And we can expect that these numbers will only grow,because IT giants such as IBM are investing serious money into this new generation devices. Amazon already offering variety of smartwatches with average price of $200. Keeping in mind, that demand for wearables is growing , you can make some serious money with Amazon affiliate.Especially when G glasses will hit the market.
    Do you have any experience selling smartwatches and wareables? Do you think it's promising niche?

Happster, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  2. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    This is a great question.

Perhaps the most interesting thing is that nobody's really got the answer yet...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/10/5284766/smartwatches-ces-2014-report (The Verge's smartwatch report from CES 2014).

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/17/4842228/state-of-the-smartwatch-art-in-2013

Solid Commerce, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find the trends pretty compelling. The products, not so much. Gimmicky is frankly stretch.

Affiliate stuff is probably pretty thin thus far as well. They don't do anything a smartphone wont do nor will they anytime soon.

That said, as you can imagine the uptake in conversation is skyrocketing.
    http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=smart watches

Just a quick example. The metrics look about the same for wearable devices. At the end of the day I am not sure the market is prepared for this stuff yet .....or they are simply not worth the effort.

From a blog/adsense perspective it very well could be though.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  4. Sean DeSilva

Sean DeSilva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It certainly seems like a promising niche. One advantage you have against other apparel is the appeal of customization without the hassle of sizing differences.

Sean DeSilva, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  5. Deniss_Wallester

Deniss_Wallester Peon

Best Answers:
    Reselling overall is a promising thing if done right and there are a lot of shortcuts to it.
    From my experience, you will need a lot of virtual cards and the best option is to get them from Wallester for free
    Yes, it is a bit of a sales speech but I am completely genuine:)
    If you need more info - just text me

Deniss_Wallester, Mar 8, 2023 IP
  6. craig105

craig105 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's an interesting and fun niche which makes it easy to write about. Eveyone loves gadgets which means theirs a massive market out there. It could be oversaturated though.

craig105, Mar 18, 2023 IP