1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting server location

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MarPlo, Aug 15, 2012.

Hi,
    Does it matter the location of the hosting server?
    For example, if I have a wensite in english, but the hosting server is in Spain, and I want target users from UK, USA, Canada; is it better in search engines to use a server from these countries?
    Also, the search engines check the server location, or it matters in Page Rank?

MarPlo, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  2. xtech

xtech Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, search engines do check your servers location, and infact it's exact IP address also. If you have a unique IP server, it tells google that you're more trusted and not likely to run away with a scam. Same applies for the location of the server.

xtech, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  3. techlead

techlead Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it also depends on Server IP location. If you target USA, Canada, UK then better choose location in USA for better local search visibility

techlead, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  4. MatthewWoodward.co.uk

MatthewWoodward.co.uk Banned

Best Answers:
    MatthewWoodward.co.uk, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  5. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is recommended to have your server location closer to your target audience since this is factored in the search algorithm.

ironcladservers, Aug 15, 2012 IP
  6. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    geo location of a server is a part of google algorithm. however, it is only a very small part of the algorithm. only time i would focus on moving a server to targeted country when i have done pretty much everything else and still need a little bit more push.

you have the option to select your targeted geo within your webmaster tool. also, the domain name also tells google something about your target audience. for example, if you have a co.uk domain, google naturally will think that your site is geared towards UK visitors. if you have a .com domain, google will consider by default its for US visitors. if it is something different than default, you have the option to change that within webmaster tool.

just make sure you set the targeted geo within webmaster tool and get links from usa, uk and canada based sites which should be good enough. i would worry about server location too much if you are not playing in an extremely competitive field where just about any help counts.

sultanofseo, Aug 15, 2012 IP