1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting Recommendations

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by theinterNETsting, Jan 31, 2023.

Hello, everyone!
    I have started a new blog and I want to make sure I get the best domain for it.
    My blog have 6 posts /4 are indexed/.
    I made the blog on 11 Jan, 2023.
    It is SEO optimized and I'd like to get some advice from the experts - what's the best place to buy a domain for this blog?
    Are there any great hosting companies you'd recommend?

theinterNETsting, Jan 31, 2023 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you start on a free blogging platform since you already have pages indexed? A lot of Hosting companies will give you a free Domain name with the purchase of a Hosting package. What kind of hosting would depend on how much content/traffic you expect to have.

kjh-08, Jan 31, 2023 IP
  3. theinterNETsting

theinterNETsting Peon

Best Answers:
    The platform which I am using is Blogger, but I want my own domain.
    I will change it, but will be okay to change it now, because I already made some quality backlinks?
    Will it have any effect on already indexed pages?

4. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can 301 redirect the old urls/backlinks. Yes it will affect indexed pages but will reindex quickly, site is less than a month old. This is the time to do it before it gets more established.

kjh-08, Jan 31, 2023 IP
  5. theinterNETsting

theinterNETsting Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you! Can you recommend me a hosting company? In the future I will look to gain passive income from this blog, so I would like to have as much as possible traffic to my site.

6. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've used Hostgator and Namecheap for example in the past. Heard good things about Cloudways and Siteground. I would stay away from Bluehost, godaddy and any other super cheap hosts where spammy sites are hosted. Spammy sites on shared IP's can hinder your site. You want fast servers with great uptime percentages. You can start with a shared plan and upgrade if/when needed.

kjh-08, Jan 31, 2023 IP
  7. theinterNETsting

theinterNETsting Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you! I heard about Ionos, do you know something about them and are they in the list with the others hosts with spammy sites? They are offering me hosting with my domain . com for 1$ for month / 12$ for year which seems like good offer for me, but idk if they are good provider.

8. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't personally heard anything about that Host.

kjh-08, Jan 31, 2023 IP
  9. theinterNETsting

theinterNETsting Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, thank you! I will wait someone to give me an opinion for Ionos.

10. aurorazero

aurorazero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ionos is just 1 and 1 rebranded

aurorazero, Feb 14, 2023 IP
  11. raksmart-hosting

raksmart-hosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on starting your new blog! When it comes to selecting a domain and hosting provider, there are several factors to consider. Here are some tips to help you choose the best options for your blog:

1. Domain: Choose a domain name that is relevant to your blog's topic and easy to remember. Avoid using numbers, hyphens, or obscure words, as these can make it more difficult for users to find your site. You can purchase a domain from a domain registrar, such as Namecheap, GoDaddy, Raksmart, or Google Domains.

2. Hosting: Look for a hosting provider that offers reliable uptime, fast page load speeds, and good customer support. Some popular hosting providers include PetaExpress, SiteGround, Bluehost, and WP Engine.

3. Budget: Consider your budget and look for a hosting provider that fits within your price range. Keep in mind that cheaper options may have more limited features and support.

4. Scalability: Consider whether you may need to scale up your website in the future, and look for a hosting provider that offers scalable hosting plans.

5. Security: Look for a hosting provider that offers robust security measures, such as SSL certificates and malware scans, to help protect your website from online threats.
    Overall, the best domain and hosting provider for your blog will depend on your specific needs and budget. Consider these factors carefully, and do some research to find the options that are the best fit for you. Good luck with your new blog!

raksmart-hosting, Feb 21, 2023 IP