1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting Provider Recommendations

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by lasvegascom, Dec 21, 2005.

My company currently has our website hosted on GoDaddy. This was recommended by a friend of ours because we did not need anything special for our website. It is hosted on a Windows server. Our website is mostly static htm pages and a few asp pages. The site is the reason we are on a Windows server is because our original website designer only knew asp and not php.

We want to move from GoDaddy to another hosting provider. Part of the reason is the lack of knowledge and support from them. Another reason is because we are having major issues with email through them. There are always problems connecting to their servers, emails not going through, emails bouncing back, and other such problems.

Also, I am doing some SEO work for a client who wants to get away from their hosting provider for their own reasons. Their website is very similar to ours except no asp but they do need the ability to serve video clips (mpeg4) and handle serving webinars at some point.

Currently we are on the $9.95 GoDaddy plan. I am looking for something in the same price range with similar specs but is more dependable and has better support than GoDaddy. Oh and i do not want to pay a set-up fee (just the cheap b******d in me). And I want it to be a hosting provider that I can recommend to my client and any future clients that may need hosting. I do not even know what other things I should be looking for in a webhost. But my site is so simple not sure if the other stuff matters at this point.

A few that have been mentioned are site5, asmallorange and dreamhost. I can't use Site5 because they do not have windows servers and I do not like the fact that they do not have phone support. Are the others any good? Are there others that I should be considering? I want to make sure I do my due diligence but am not sure what I am really looking for.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

lasvegascom, Dec 21, 2005 IP
  2. itsme

itsme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've had good experiences with www.doorhost.net but you can take a look to see if they have what you need.

I usually go for the cheaper plans and so far they have turned out great.

itsme, Dec 23, 2005 IP