1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting location

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by smeniste.com, Sep 24, 2012.

Hi, I want to ask you if I targeting on the USA, have .com domain and hosting in another country. Ping is good. Does googl penalised this situation? It will be better have hosting in us?

smeniste.com, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hosting location is part of search algorithm. if you are targeting USA traffic from a .com site, it is only natural that you would have USA hosting. however, google doesn't put a whole lot of weight on hosting location. unless your site is extremely competitive and you cannot climb up last few sports on the first page, i wouldn't worry a bit on hosting location.

just make sure on the webmaster tool, you set your targeted geo to USA and you are all set.

sultanofseo, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  3. gonzalod34

gonzalod34 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hosting location is not such a big factor to rank your site. Always make your content unique & helpful to visitors of your site.

gonzalod34, Sep 25, 2012 IP