1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting companies with no whois change on their domain for 3 years+

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by lowcostlux, Mar 17, 2010.

OK, my other thread [WTB] degenerated into "what is a an overselling offer" which is an (as ever) unresolved question.

So, I will try a different way.

Anyone who offers hosting and the whois for your domain shows no change for 3 years (OK,will accept at least 2 years BUT NO UPDATES within 2 years), please post here.

Post a cut-paste of and link to DPs whois.

Unfortunately the guys I already use and recommend in the other thread show a recent update but I assume it was just a domain reg extension.

Is there a tool where I can see a history of whois info? In which case no change in registrant to qualify for this thread :)

I will start with the only guys so far who qualify and replied on my other thread:

http://tools.digitalpoint.com/whois.php?query=webhostgiant.com

Domain Name: WEBHOSTGIANT.COM
    Registrar: TUCOWS INC.
    Whois Server: whois.tucows.com
    Referral URL: http://domainhelp.opensrs.net
    Name Server: NS1.HOSTDNS4U.COM
    Name Server: NS2.HOSTDNS4U.COM
    Updated Date: 02-may-2007
    Creation Date: 28-aug-2000
    Expiration Date: 28-aug-2013

lowcostlux, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  2. bk871

bk871 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I highly doubt you'll find many people.

WHOIS updates do consider it an update if Name Server's change. IP addresses and Name Servers tend to change throughout the years.

You can use DomainTools to get WHOIS history. It's for premium members only though.

bk871, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  3. lowcostlux

lowcostlux Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah, seems to be pretty close to zero.

I agree the whois updated date is a very rough measure and probably unrealistic to expect no updates.

Basically the object was just to avoid recent startups and get a host that is experienced enough and stable. Perhaps looking here for those is not the best choice ;)

lowcostlux, Mar 23, 2010 IP