1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting business 4 sale - $xxx-xxxx/m | xxxx uniques/daily | PR5 established domain

Discussion in 'Sites' started by ChrisB, Oct 9, 2006.

Hello,

We’re offering our established and reputable hosting business up for sale to any interested party who are keen and serious enough to undertake such an exciting business.

Reason for this sale is due to our commitment to other projects that have grown to become demanding so we are finding ourselves with limited time for this project. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to invest in an exciting and profitable online business. Perhaps an existing hosting company may wish to consider substantially expanding their client base.

Site details:
    Domain: Please PM me for the domain. Please do not post it in this thread. I will happily PM it to you.
    Domain extensions: main domain is .com but also registered .net/.org/.eu (and also .net/.org/.eu in singular form – so without the ‘s’ !) so you have the market in domain name extensions.
    Website age: 15 months
    Google PR: 5 (PR5 already for the past 3-4 updates - so very stable! I expect 6 soon as back links are steadily climbing)
    Website members: 4118 (currently averaging 34 new signups per day!)
    Forum members: 4376
    Active hosting accounts (cpanels): 440
    Active hosted websites (including addon domains): >1000 as all accounts are allowed up to 10 addon domains.
    Active Domains registered: 160 (these are all/most being renewed by clients every 12 months and profit for every domain ranges from $3-10)
    Software: AWBS hosting/domain registration - unlimited license purchased (value: $168)
    Traffic: anywhere between 300-2000 uniques daily - best month to date was about 27,000 uniques from memory. Best day was about 2300 uniques.
    Forum posts: approx. 1000
    Forum PR: 3
    Total website pages: estimated around 5,000 with many content pages including cpanel tutorials which attract a lot of the traffic from SE. AWBS SEO optimized plug has also been applied!! (for those of you who know about this)
    Site Support: the site has a very professional helpdesk, contact form, support forum and even live online chat system! This chat system is up and running so the site is very lively….a well established hosting business!

Domains:
    We have 2 registrars from which we resell domain names.
    1) Directi – well over $1000 dollars worth of domain sales (our main reseller with .com/.net at $6.49/y and .info/.org at $1.49/y… all these domains are being sold at $9.99/y from our website – so nice profits made)
    2) Enom – well over $300 dollars worth of sales
    Domains are registered automatically through the AWBS admin panel on the hosting site through API called and customers receive the appropriate emails - very handy!
    There is about $130 dollars of registration money in both these accounts which comes with the sale as bonus!

Hosting servers:
    We currently have 3 linux/WHM reseller accounts on 3 different servers.
    Server 1: $39.99/month for 25GB space / 250 GB Bandwidth - ~310 accounts
    Server 2: $6.99/month for unlimited space and bandwidth!! - ~120 accounts
    Server 3: This is our own dedicated company server and therefore comes with unlimited resources. A reseller account can be created here for you at a very competitive price if interested.

We use a combination of three servers to create cpanel hosting accounts for customers. All cpanel account are created automatically at the click of a button and all emails are sent to customers with login/hosting details.

Income from site:
    Hosting: anywhere between 300-1000 per month - this is a combination new orders and renewals. Last month, the net profit was $500.
    Domains: 5-20 domains per month - earnings vary quite a bit depending on the extension registered. We make about 30% commission on average for every domain. Can include the full reseller details via PM - please request this specifically if you need it.
    Webdesign: we usually take on 1-2 design clients per month if design team has time. We sometimes contract the work out to friends/partners that can do the design.
    Advertising: Currently no advertising on the site. Adsense returns about 3-10 dollars per day but takes away many of the sites potential clients due to similar product content ads! So we loose hosting/domain/design clients because they may see a better deal on the ads they see and leave the site. For this reason, we were reluctant to place adsense or any other content specific advertising on the site.
    Top month was about $1000 profit but you can expect $500 net profit monthly....it varies a lot depending on traffic and if you are using advertising like adwords which we sometimes run when we need to increase earnings. But more traffic = more sales = more work! It is up to you how much you can dedicate to the business. If advertising costs are limitless and an aggressive campaign is undertaken, profits can easily exceed $2000 monthly but you will need dedicated staff to run the site.

Website workload:
    The site does need constant attention as orders need to be approved and questions need to be answered via helpdesk/forum/email/chat desk.
    Minimum maintenance: 30 minutes per day would be sufficient to maintain the site if NO advertising is undertaken to increase traffic and sales. You could expect earnings between $200-$400 dollars per month in return for this workload 30min daily workload.
    Development: If you are prepared to place a dedicated person on the site to run it at full advertising power, then 2-4 hours daily would be required. You can expect $1000+ net profit in this case scenario.

Payment processors:
    The site currently uses paypal or 2CO but you can use just about any payment processor through the AWBS system at the click of a button!!
    Paypal payments: well over $1500 worth of sales
    2CO payments: well over $4000 worth of sales
    In the last 12 months, the site has made well over $5000 worth of sales.

SEO/traffic:
    Coop weight: anywhere between 3000-10,000 depending on google serps.
    Link Vault: voltage anywhere between 700-2000
    You can see the links at the bottom of every page.
    We get a lot of traffic from forum posts. Yahoo is currently the best search engine with google second and MSN third but it depends on the month.
    Stats screenshots can be sent to you via PM - please request if interested.
    The following you can check for yourself as they are different on each day you check:
    Google backlinks:2,260
    Yahoo backlinks: 2,458 (our best SE)
    MSN: 573
    Link backs on whole internet from all websites: 20,320

About AWBS system:
    You can check it out for yourself if you like. But everything is automated! Excellent software with excellent support staff!! So visitors order hosting/domain/services/advertising spots (links) and make payment via paypal or credit card and all you need to do is accept with one click and everything is taken care of and appropriate emails are sent out. The system works perfectly but takes a lot of expertise to run. I can help you learn it within the first month of purchase. If you have experience with AWBS then this is perfect.

About sale:
    Starting BID: $3000
    Reserve price: $5000
    BIN: $7000

Payment method: escrow.com / wire transfer

PS. The site was sold to trippyvibes (DP forum member) at a 50% partnership deal 1 month ago. Trippyvibes and myself (chrisB) are now in business together. We have undertaken many new projects and think it is best to give someone else the chance to run this great hosting business. See this auction thread for details: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=139000

Both trippyvibes and I are running this auction. Please direct all PM's to chrisB account as trippyvibes also has temporary access to this account and we will work together on this sale. We would be happy to engage in a voice conversation with any seriouse buyer to explain the sale further (we would request this voice verification process from the buyer anyway before handing over our business!). So please PM your request to chat with one of us via skype or telephone.

Thanks for your interest.

ChrisB, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  2. Pingler.com

Pingler.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 7
    Hi I just want to add to chrisB's post to confirm that we have indeed entered into a 50/50 partnership deal a month ago with the most satisfying results.

We both became involved in a larger project that is quite demanding and so we decided to sell our business since we cannot afford the quality attention it deserves.

This is a serious investmnet waiting to be taken to the next level by someone with passion and dedication. If anyone is interested please feel free to contact either myself or chrisB and we would be delighted to provide you with all the answers to your questions.

Best of luck and thank you for taking the time to read through our posts.

Pingler.com, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  3. renew1234

renew1234 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would be very interested any chance of a way to contact you perhaps msn messenger?? your site sounds impressive.Could you send traffic stats(and the url as well) if possible and also I can tell you I have a outstanding reputation on ebay (over 200 ) feedbacks all 100% a+++ I also have used scriptlance and elance and there too am reputable.Please do not let the o trader rating here keep you from speaking to me.
    Thank You

renew1234, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  4. richard3i

richard3i Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    could you please send me url and stats via pm. thanks!

richard3i, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  5. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All PM's answered!

Highest offer so far is: $4000

Also note that we are listed as one of the TOP AWBS websites on their demo page!! http://www.awbs.com/demo.php

ChrisB, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  6. smartcard

smartcard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please send me url and stats via pm. thanks.

smartcard, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  7. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All PM's sent with info.

We just listed the site at sitepoint where you can actually view url also :) and screenshot of stats! Although, if you want full stats and revenew you can PM me for the full details and I will release them. http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/auction/1899?

Highest BID currently $4000 via PM at DP.

ChrisB, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  8. yutewa00

yutewa00 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I to have a webhosting company .. looking to expand my business. please pm url and all stats

yutewa00, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  9. sukantab

sukantab Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please find my offer in PM, if you are willing to sell right now...

sukantab, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  10. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    All Pm's replied to.

We have received a 5K bid via PM and are considering a sale as this meets our reserve price. We do not plan to let this auction run more then a couple of days so keep the bids comming!

Current High BID is $5000

ChrisB, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  11. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have a large NYC hosting company who may be interested.

Please allow me to contact them before closing a deal..

Thank you.

Sem-Advance, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  12. Pingler.com

Pingler.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    50.0% - 7
    We have some enquiries and a couple of very serious buyers.

Please do let us know as soon as possible as we might be proceeding with a sale as early as tomorrow

Thanks

Pingler.com, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  13. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello trippy

I have sent email to the clients. Will let you know very soon.

Peace

Sem-Advance, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  14. sukantab

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am placing $5K reserve price bid

15. nsusa

nsusa Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please PM me the URL.

Christoph

nsusa, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  16. sukantab

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Both,
    I would request you both that due to problems from my side, I would like to withdraw my bid.
    First and foremost, I am unable to find some escrow service that accepts credit card as the form of payment.

Secondly, I tried in awbs and it seems a bit more difficult for me to use. With my current schedule, it will be very difficult for me to manage this.

Thanks a lot for your support and help.
    Specially garo, you have given me a lot of time to make me understand awbs. I owe you both a beer.
    Sorry and hoping to have business with you in future.

--Sukanta

17. ChrisB

ChrisB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No problem and no hard feelings sukantab! I hope you find the site you are looking for.

For the rest of you, there are currently no bids. So the bidding is open again to anyone starting at $3000.

All PM's sent with info to all that requested.

ChrisB, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  18. renew1234

renew1234 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    could you pm me the info once again when it looked like it sold i erased it..thanks

renew1234, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  19. MrRadic

MrRadic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you please PM me all the info. Are you interested in selling just the customers?

MrRadic, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  20. MrRadic

MrRadic Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Replied to your PM. Thanks for the info!

MrRadic, Oct 11, 2006 IP