1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HostGator Shaving sales

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by st0ckman, Sep 8, 2009.

1. GatorJay

GatorJay Peon

Best Answers:
    We extend all sales for one month, I believe that November commissions will be paid on January 10th if valid.

GatorJay, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  2. ddzc

ddzc Peon

Best Answers:
    Great, thanks Jay!

ddzc, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  3. boomerang

boomerang Member

Best Answers:
    Agree! Hostgator one of my favorite company.

boomerang, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  4. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I had a terrible experience with hostgator about 2 years ago:

I have some sites and profit about $6000 in commissions per month - one day I received a mail from hostgator telling that my sales are all fraudlant - and they black listed me from their program - I talked with hostgator aff manager at that time (Mr. Jason Muni) and he began to ask me things like "do you incentive sales?" "Do you send spams?" - he did an extensive conversation by mail asking non sense things and in the end just stopped answering mails.

I asked him if he think that I'm scamming that he should contact CJ and he refused - he decided to be the detective himself and accused me.

Today I'm black listed from CJ Hostgator program even he asked me to get in again (what is impossible)- maybe this is nothing for some of you. But being accused of scammer by Hostgator is the most terrible experience I had in 5 years in affiliate marketing.

Micromag, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  5. samdar

samdar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's better to use CJ based hostgator affiliate membership. Rather it is going to be very difficult to believe host gator's tracking system.

samdar, Jan 21, 2010 IP
  6. lor

lor Active Member

Best Answers:
    This whole thread has turned me off the idea of affiliate marketing altogether. Geesh! Adsense is lookin' pretty good right now. Shaving? Short of selling your own products, there doesn't seem to be any way to earn revenue. It's impossible to trust those companies you've partnered with.

And c'mon Hostgator. The OP has proof. Do the right thing. Keep your good name, for crying out loud. It's not worth it.

I've read so much carp today, I'm about ready for a real job. Website hosts suspending peoples accounts/websites without warning. The lies of hosting companies -- "unlimited" is not unlimited -- and domain registrars stealing the domain if someone leaves the computer for a few minutes. And oh, there's so much more.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    lor, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  7. vxdxm

vxdxm Peon

Best Answers:
    that hostgator always makes me laught

vxdxm, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  8. Ruddo

Ruddo Member

Best Answers:
    I get paid by hostgator every time. Obviously if you send them customers that are fraudulent then you will not be paid

Ruddo, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  9. Justin Lewis

Justin Lewis Peon

Best Answers:
    A huge thing would be the fact that some people have their cookies deleted at random points of the day. Or just don't store cookies. Without cookies, there is no sale.

Another more realistic factor would be the fact they just before purchasing hostgator, they checked out another site in order to make sure it was the right product to use.

Justin Lewis, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  10. Theodor1972

Theodor1972 Peon

Best Answers:
    Did they miss the locking day this month? It looks like they didn't correct anything from August and didn't even extend the commissions from September. I think there was something wrong with their systems, because normally they cut at least 50% and extend everything. I hope they still pay CJ though...

Theodor1972, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  11. Theodor1972

Theodor1972 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, that was too early. They are starting to correct them now, even they were already locked. The correction date is the 11th, so CJs definition of "locked" is actually not true.

Theodor1972, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  12. robinbasky

robinbasky Guest

Best Answers:
    did anyone notice that hostgator representatives bot did NOT reply to the thread after asking for information?

maybe op got the info in the pm itself but a little info to the people wouldn't have hurt them!

robinbasky, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  13. webtechnologies

webtechnologies Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes this happened to me , many many Times, its unbelieveable how they can steal peoples commissions like that.

webtechnologies, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  14. biggunn

biggunn Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is just another thread for disgruntled web hosting affiliates that don't know how to play by the rules. Plain and simple.

biggunn, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  15. biggunn

biggunn Active Member

Best Answers:
    You make it sound like the answer to his questions ("do you incentive sales?" "Do you send spams?" ) were yes... Were you offering incentives or sending unsolicited emails?

biggunn, Nov 6, 2010 IP
  16. xiezebo0501

xiezebo0501 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not come across something similar.

xiezebo0501, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  17. vninfo

vninfo Peon

Best Answers:
    f a company has their own affiliate scheme and one that's outsourced, the internal one probably has less overhead and allows the promoters to make more money. This is why I'm using Hostgator's own program, while the payout is lower, there doesn't seem to be any disappearing sales and the monthly performance incentive makes an even higher commission possible.

vninfo, Feb 22, 2011 IP
  18. Scorpiono

Scorpiono Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look, if you make them legit sales there is no point in them being a pain in the ass for you so the best thing you can do is drop an email explaining very calmly what happened and to check it out. I had a similar experience on GoDaddy and they were so nice they even credited me for orders made which weren't holding my cookie simply by showing proof and the value that I bring to their sale numbers.

Scorpiono, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  19. BlogSEO

BlogSEO Peon

Best Answers:
    well, if you decide on other host to promote, just don't go onto hostnine.... $120 per sale and I have never seen the commissions for 2 sales. No answer from them too, besides one canned answer on the first and unique reply.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but just wanted you to know, too.

BlogSEO, Mar 1, 2011 IP
  20. michaeliqbal121

michaeliqbal121 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can help take help from online support

michaeliqbal121, Mar 2, 2011 IP