1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

hostgator has stole my money

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by trichnosis, Dec 7, 2018.

Hello;

I've recently purchased a hostıng package on hostgator.

My user ID on their system is 3686353

After i've complete the payment, they have sent me an email which says that i need to verify my account. They were requesting the photos of my credit card photo and my identity card. I've sent the documents 5 minutes later after their email

It has been a day and they did not complete the verify thing and they do not refund my payment

hostgator took over 100$ from me and they do not provide me anything. The weird part is that they do not provide support this.

basicly, hostgator stole my money

can anybody suggest me a method about how to get my money back from these cheaters?

Regards

trichnosis, Dec 7, 2018 IP
  2. Sirio

Sirio Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem with hostgator.

Be aware with HostGator As a 10 years old HostGator costumer, who spent it over 30k $$ on their services (shared hosting, vps, dedicated servers), I can tell that they don't want return pro-rated refund.

They canceled my dedicated server that I paid for 12 months and now they don't want return pro-rated refund of $799.12

Every day they invent a new story:

"Your case is being processed"
    "You need wait 5-10 days, 2-4 weeks, 6 weeks..."
    "We need to make manual refund to your PayPal since it's already past 180 days"
    "Manual PayPal refunds are processed once a month by the Accounting department"
    "ETC"

After the more than 40 emals with hostgator supports, And with ten conversations with chat supports, I came to the conclusion that they don't want return me pro-rated refund.

Sirio, Dec 7, 2018 IP
  3. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    hostechsupport, Dec 7, 2018 IP
  4. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure why hostgator would need credit card photo for verification (this sounds very unethical). And you committed a mistake by providing that which you should not have done.

seo_buzz, Dec 7, 2018 IP
  5. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    Most web host will ask for some type of verification if something triggers in the system when payment is made more so when you use a credit card. Now on response time really depends on when you placed the order. It could be the billing dept was not in if it was over a weekend or something.

On the other hand I don't see why it would take days to get this verified. IF they think its fraud then a simple refund gets it off there hands so not sure why they are hanging on the money.

Try hitting them up on facebook page and so on if you are not getting any results the normal route.

CenTex Hosting, Dec 8, 2018 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just call them. And if you aren't satisfied with the status ask for a refund. If they refuse to issue a refund simply contact your credit card company.

Odds are there is something that raised a flag. 1 day isn't unreasonable to wait.

NetStar, Dec 12, 2018 IP
  7. jaf

jaf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't get it's just managed hosting that people would opt for 2nd or 3rd tier hosting companies, anyhow i have the best experience with both dreamhost, and digitalocean and also tigertech... luckily never been a customer of hostgator.

jaf, Jan 10, 2019 IP
  8. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    How you paid them ? Paypal or credit card . In both cases you can get your money back if you wanted. But I recommend to contact them through a call and see what do they say .

AlphaNine_Vini, Jan 16, 2019 IP
  9. Rs-Calvin

Rs-Calvin Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Hostgator India, was best at it support at the time of 2010-2013, this was the best time when Hostgator actually gave the best support for all of there clients.
    There was no refund at time of 2010-2013 but later on hostgator India was the flop one.

Thanks
    Calvin K !!

Rs-Calvin, Jan 22, 2019 IP