1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Host Parlor Web Hosting Scam Or Not A Scam? Full Report By Eddie Keyton

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by hostparlor, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello, i decided to gather up some evidence to try to prove hostparlor & my name Eddie Keyton not a scam as it seems there are a couple people out there that just feel they need to start a bad reputation for us.
    Every since hostparlor started up there has been rumors floating around that host parlor was a scam. Don't you think that if host parlor or me Eddie Keyton was a scam that i would not be here today writing this and trying so hard to prove my self innocent. Don't you think that i would be in jail over all of this? After all i was accused to stealing someones credit card and charging $250.00 to it for 3 cpanel licenses. It kind of strikes me wierd that Cpanel licenses are very expensive, Say over 1,000 dollars apiece? Yet i stole his credit card and charged 3 of them to his credit card along with some 1-900 phone calls and a server from softlayer. That is really kind of wierd because hostparlor goes through R & D Technologies and we get our servers from Galaxy Solutions.
    To tell you the truth I or Host Parlor has NEVER and will NEVER scam ANYONE! I stay up days upon days with no sleep helping out our clients! Host Parlor's live support is rarely offline for anyone! We set in live chats for hours at a time with people helping them out! But yet we get called scammers? Read our real customer testimonials and you will find out the truth! What they are doing is HIGHLY illegal and they are liable for prosecution and if they are underage then there parents are liable for there actions.
    We have been banned from all forums accept digital point because these forums don't have the self richious respect to let the accused tell there side of the story! Do they not believe in the saying "innocent until proven guilty
    "? It is quite astonishing the number of web hosts that are out there scamming people! Millions of people get scammed every single day! That is why Host Parlor is here! I myself have actually been scammed and i don't like it. Read the bible do onto others as you would want others to do onto you! That means if you guys where in the same boat as we are you would be feeling the same way that i am right now! Which is why i am taking the time out and paying more people then usual to help out host parlor's customers so they are not at a loss while i am writing this report. People may say, you don't give your customers what they want! Indeed we do give them what they want, we focus on security! We prefer quality over quantity! We loose customers everyday because we will not install Ffmpeg - PHP because it requires safe mode off on the server. We will in no way EVER turn safe mode off on the server because that opens up so many different wholes for hackers! Again QUALITY over QUANTITY!
    I am going to be providing some screenshots of what current customers are saying about hostparlor! The person who is trying to give host parlor a bad name i believe is right here in our forums! He is posting really bad reviews under a name that we don't even host and never have? He has used more then 1 ip so he don't get busted but little does he know with the technology of forums these days it can be proven that he used more then 1 ip with each visit. Ask anyone that is currently with hostparlor how far out on a limb that hostparlor goes to help them! I myself stay awake sometimes days at a time helping them out. We have solved every single problem that a customer has had. None and i repeat NONE have went unsolved! We have 2 server admins that monitor the server 24/7/365 they rotate in shifts. As well as i monitor the server load myself the whole time i am online!
    Why would we spend the EXTRA money to switch from apache to litespeed if we where just scam artists? That fact is we wouldn't care about speed and downtime if we where scammers! The whole reason fro switching to litespeed was because of the slow and unreliability of apache! We have just about every single paid addon that we can find to give our customers a better environment. We support RvSKins, RvSite Builder PRO, Game consoles, Extra ram (infact we have our server maxed out on ram it can't handle anymore!) , litespeed, master reseller, fantastico, x3 everythine you can think of WE HAVE IT! If we was out just to take your money why in the heck would we support all of these different "PAID" and expensive addons? 2 or 3 people posting that Host Parlor is a scam flooded search engines everywhere because these people didn't just post it on one small site. They went to EVERY site that they could think of and posted it so the search engines indexed it many times!
    If we was fraud or scam, why the heck don't we just change our domain name and start all over? Let me tell you because i am set on making hostparlor work and if there is ANYBODY that has a problem with it then that is your problem. People need to stop getting jealous because we have grown so fast and so big in the last 3 months! We host over 300 domains on our server and alot of hosts don't host that many domains in there first YEAR! We spend the money every month to make our customers happy! When we could just leave them at the bare minimum like MOST webhosts do these days because they are just worried about making money! This isn't a making money game for me! This is a hobby of mine that has grown faster and bigger then i ever thaught it would! We get over 580,000 unique hits a day and already have a pr3 in google page ranking! Our site is the 156,157th most visited site in the WORLD! In less then 3 MONTHS. We will continue to rise to the top until we are in direct competition with the best and then we will defeat them aswell.
    There is still a couple more things i would like to cover before i start showing everyone the screenshots! Who released the scam/secret behind the Alpha Master Reseller! WE did! Why? Because we where tired of seeing people get scammed! Yet we are going to turn around and scam people ourselves???? That is not the way it works. You can't be good and bad at the same time! You are either a good host or you are a bad host! There is no inbetween. If you are anything other then a good host then you need to give it up.... I have tried to get all the forums to unban me but it doesn't look like it is going to happen. I thank everyone at digitalpoint for sticking behind Host Parlor when we where called scams! One last thing! The person accusing us of scamming that is posting in our forums! We are leaving them posts there because we feel that it is needed to see that the person trying to ruin host parlor is trying as hard as he can and he is just getting denied by our current customers. Please take a look at the screenshots that i have posted the links to below to see some testimonials on current customers and the fraud poster's ip's to prove that he is indeed switching ip's to try to make hostparlor look bad!

Thank You! Eddie Keyton
    Hostparlor.com

Links to screenshots
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/alpharelease1.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/alpharelease2.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/hostdetective.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/hpforums1.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/hpforums2.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/hpforums3.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/hpforums4.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/hpforums5.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/hpforums6.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/hpforums7.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/hpforums8.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/webhostingjury1.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/webhostingjury2.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/webhostingjury3.JPG
    http://www.hostparlor.com/ss/webhostingjury4.JPG

hostparlor, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  2. snethost

snethost Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

My name is Kevin Ales, I am a client with HostParlor. I really can not believe all of this stuff that is going around that HostParlor is a scam, I really just can't.

They are a wonderful host, they have great support, and definately have an owner who actually cares.

I was actually looking at the $250 scam report about them, and whatever person posted it is claiming one of my domains.. .. Kinda irks me, that someone would post a fraud report using fraud info.. .. They listed SimplyWebnet.com as belonging to them, yet I am the owner and never did any such thing. Sounds like these people posting fraud reports are quite fraudulent themselves.

I've been through many hosts, believe me, and I doubt I will ever leave HostParlor so long as they are in business. Heck, I'd even go to the initiative as helping them financially to keep them in business if they ever ran into problems!

They really are a great host, folks. Don't believe all of these fraudulent reports you see putting them down, I've put HostParlor through the 'test' and they really are an excellent host.

Yes, they have had some minor downtime, but nothing major. One person claimed it to be 3 days.. .. Uh, no, my downtime check didn't even pull up 15 hours, and that's been for the whole time I have been with them! (Multiple months)

For being a fairly new host in town, I think they are doing excellent. They assuringly leave the 'big-boys' in the dust and are really the best host I've ever had; and I've been through many due to "mostly" data loss.

Thank you for your time!

Eddie, keep up the good work! :)

----------
    Kevin Ales

snethost, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  3. kaung

kaung Twitter @KaungKo

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    If hostparlor is by a "scammer", that would be one nice supportive "scammer" who is willing to help out with any issues in hosting and customer related supports.

It would be a "scammer with no life" too because the support is on 24/7 and superfast support that is rare to see in most hosting!

And a "dumb scammer" because with all those concerns about customers and upgrading the technologies to a higher better more expensive but reliable hardwares and softwares would make him broke before able to "scam"

My point is hostparlor is no where near being a scammer but they are VERY RELIABLE hosting provider and CARE about the customers

Keep it up Eddie!

I have been still shared/vps/dedi hosting on godaddy, knownhost, hostparlor and several other hostings.
    and hostparlor and kownhost have the super fast supports! A++++

kaung, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  4. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree, HostParlor is the exact opposite to a scam.

Cameron [NetXHosting], Nov 12, 2007 IP
  5. hostparlor

hostparlor Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We all appreciate everyone that stands behind us and allows us to provide you with REAL services and support!

hostparlor, Nov 12, 2007 IP
  6. leviathan400

leviathan400 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    I am sorry to hear you have been accused of being scammers.

leviathan400, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  7. techblog

techblog Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    then why do people make many threads about him being a scammer?

techblog, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  8. nickcmp

nickcmp Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why would he be a scammer :S, it doesnt make sense, scammers don't provide outstanding service!!

nickcmp, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  9. leviathan400

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    I am now on hostparlor and have had no problems.

leviathan400, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  10. ckrewt

ckrewt Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    WARNING DO NOT USE HOST PARLOR:
    HostParlor.Com have a tendency to suspend accounts without any warning or notification. I lost 2 proxys which weren't even doing 1k+ UV because of "Over usage" on "Hostparlor Unlimited Reseller" I paid for 1 year of hosting and got 2 weeks. I dont recommend hostparlor for any proxy as obviously they cannot handle the load.

Copy of support chat:

You are now chatting with Eddie Keyton (Support)

Morehu Whyte: hello, i wake up to find my "account has been suspended" without any notification from you what so ever. I would like a reason why and a refund. If i have to paypal dispute thats fine.
    Eddie Keyton: Hello, Welcome to Hostparlor, How may I help you?
    Eddie Keyton: What is your domain name in question.
    Morehu Whyte: txtnbrowse.info and anonymousbypass.info
    Eddie Keyton: Them domains where suspended due to an overage in resource usage.
    Morehu Whyte: you cant do that, i paid for "unlimited" "for a year" "reseller"
    Morehu Whyte: and you suspend on 2 small proxys that barely hit 1k PV's a day
    Eddie Keyton: Yes we can please read the terms of service that you agree'd to during registration.
    Eddie Keyton: They where using over 21% cpu power for longer then 90 seconds
    Morehu Whyte: I will make sure to post this on your advertising forums. Those proxys werent even high demand you shouldnt be selling "proxy hosting" if you cant even handle low PV accounts.

Also after doing some google investigations:

3 More "Scammer" "Ripoff" Reports (1st Page of google, Didnt need to go any furhter.)
    http://www.webhostingstuff.com/company/HostParlor.html
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0271796.htm
    http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/s....php?t=2196917

ckrewt, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  11. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Dude, If you read the live support chat, Then you would see that you broke the TOS, Meaning you were banned. I am guessing you didn't read them before you ordered.

And those Scam reports are so old that they mean nothing.

Eddie and HostParlor are NOT a scam, And it's your own fault for not reading and sticking to the TOS's.

Cameron [NetXHosting], Nov 24, 2007 IP
  12. leviathan400

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
    Nice to see someone defending them. Maybe they were bad in the past but I think they are trying to repair their reputation.

leviathan400, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  13. InFloW

InFloW Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    People need to learn even if the host offers proxy hosting you're not going to be able to actually host decent sized proxy's on it. They suck CPU like crazy no matter what web server you're running. You want to play with the big boy Proxy's then get a dedicated server and that will be the end of it.

I know someone who had something like 50 proxy's all on the same server and he was pushing insane amounts of traffic out of it. Of course it was just his proxy's and he could optimize for just proxy's and he made quite a bit of profit even after shelling out $200/month for a server.

But hey everyone wants to pay $5/month for hosting then get $500/month in adsense revenue.

InFloW, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  14. kber

kber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    As one of there client i can say HostParlor are NOT a scam . they provide such great and friendly support .

kber, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  15. hostparlor

hostparlor Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

The unlimited reseller means you have unlimited space and bandwidth which is ALWAYS limited by some means. You have to agree and read the tos before registering. Your site wasn't even the one that was causing the load. It was someone you hosted. So i suspended his site not yours. You then in turn contact our live support and we tried to handle you professionally but you just seemed to take everything out after i told you to please read the terms of service. The terms simply state that YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHO YOU HOST. As people have told you, we offer proxy hosting as a luxery not because we have to. People that run proxy sites know the risks they take when signing up to a host. It is not fair to the other users to allow more then one person to use up all of the resources on the server. You can't have a quality hosting business if you don't limit each user by there resources. You then in turn abuse our reputation in this manner when you have talked with me in messaging to try to get this figured out.
    We are not the type of people to hold money! Ask a couple customers that we have terminated. We gave them there money back AND SOME EXTRA to help them find a inscrutable host to host there proxies. Hosting is a business, we have to make decisions to assure our quality promise to all others in our network. "WE PREFER QUALITY OVER QUANTITY" and we abide by them terms.

Eddie Keyton

hostparlor, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  16. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    This is true! They terminated me without telling me for no reason! No reason i had did anyways... But they refunded me, and they then set me up again :)

Great company..

Freddy, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  17. hostparlor

hostparlor Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    freddy why don't you tell them the truth, there was a reason for the termination.

hostparlor, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  18. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

I did tell them the truth? There was a reason, but not a reason that "i" caused!

Thanks,
    Freddy

Freddy, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  19. IwhiC

IwhiC Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    As a person that runs a hosting company, I want to state this, I have talked with Eddie and A few of his support staffs as Host we talk, We have talked many times about being Honest Host in this CUT throat world. Eddie has all of my respect and Kudo's for telling the story. I wish HostParlor the best of luck as they storm to the top of the WELL RESPECTED hosting companies.
    Eddie Keep up the great work, Stick to your Guns and dont let some one else destroy your quest.
    Sincerly
    Jason.

IwhiC, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  20. jflattery

jflattery Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am one trying to run a legitamate business on the web. I have been scammed to date by 3 DP members, all of whom refuse to give me a refund, my only crime, I was stupid enough to believe the line of BS they threw me. Two of the people still are on this board ripping others off. Guess what I did my research, heard all the reports regarding Eddie, researched some more. Most of the reports on the internet were from the same group of people, isn't it funny how the internet can spread rumors, and how they stick. Anyone who thinks that the service is a scam, try it, stick within the TOS and I am sure you'll agree the service is good. Eddie gave me the chance to have decent hosting, when these others looked at me as a piggy bank. The few here that keep making the comments, get a life and move on, presently the customer outnumber the complainers 100 to 1,

jflattery, Nov 24, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.